Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band coming away

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys i know it's been posted alot but I've tried searching and cant find the right answer. This is my replacement watch i got last feb. It's now doinf exactly what my first one did. IveI contacted fitbit they wont replace it but offered discount on a new one... 😞 I appreciate the offof but I dont have alot of ccas to throw around. Anyways has anyone tried any type of glue to hold it in place. Ive tried a 24hr super glue and it last all of a hour 😞 

I dont wanna buy a new watch when this work perfectly. Its just the band.  But furstated there is a easy way to just replace the band 😞 and it to stay in place 

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Chrissiecxc

I did a search of the Surge forum area and found a member who was able to replace their out of warranty band. They gave a link to this blog entry that has images and takes a person step by step in replacing the band. Give it a look - click - it might be something you feel able to do

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hey thBkst. I had boufhg .rellac repla band for my first watch but they replacement wasnt big enough to slip the watch in ;( was gutted wasted money on aomething that didnt work. Wish there was fitbit shop in town to fix it lol 

My band has now falleb off .With no option but to glue it once I find the right glue

Best Answer

HI Chrissie

you can get a new strap at Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07415ZKDT/ref=asc_df_B07415ZKDT54518825/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=221...

only costs £10 approx Just changed mine as it had torn away around the fixings.

Best Answer

Thanks vut i bought one of those last tome for my first surge and it was connecting on. 😞 Inside the strap was too small to fit. May try again once finances level out so ibI ha soasp cash 

So i will have spare cash. My lovely phone wouldn't correct my words there lol

Best Answer

I buy replacement straps from wish. Also put a sleeve on it as it will last longer can be bought on ebay. Only problem is shipping takes a long time. 

Best Answer
Hey thanks. I managed to get some gorilla glue to fix it. Now to see if it holds up. Looking to buy a shield thing of amazon aswell for more protection. Really annoyed because this watch isnt cheap and by now you'd think fitbit would have something in place where this doesnt keep happening. 😞
Best Answer

Yeah it is annoying especially when you see other watches so much cheaper. 

Best Answer

Go to amazon and you can buy a replacement band very cheaply.  Fitbit will not sell you one.

Best Answer
Ive tried this. Ive got the spare in a drawer as the inside of the strap inside isnt big to fit on. Ive used gorilla glue and its held on so farm 1 day down

My EML-L09. On O2.
Best Answer

Hi @Chrissiecxc it's really nice to see you on the Forums. Thanks for all the help @horsedoc@Kevharvey@JohnJamesH and @Odyssey13.

I can see that you really like you Fitbit since you're putting a lot of effort in repairing it. This specific model doesn't have the option to use exchangeable bands, so it's hard to make sure that other band will fit the tracker. Fitbit has released other options with the time, we have trackers and watches with exchangeable bands. You can find more about this here.

In case that you want to review your warranty options, you can let me know so I can request a case for you. 

I'll be waiting for your reply!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hey thanks. I dont live in America. It came uo in dollars. I think ill check out reviews on youtube at other watches. Possible cheaper too. As i dont have that sort of money to waste. I paid up for my surge over time... Watch is holding up so far.

My EML-L09. On O2.
Best Answer

Thanks for your quick response @Chrissiecxc. You can click on the link again and at the bottom of the page you will have the option to change the country to see the information available for the place that you live in. Sorry that I didn't mention it before, my bad. Cat Embarassed

Thanks for your feedback, I hope you can find the right fit for you. Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer