Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band cracking by screws

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my Surge in Feb 2015 and this last week I have noticed that the band is cracked underneath where the screws are - and is now digging into my wrist when I wear it.  I'm not a particularly 'rough' wearer of the Surge so am very disappointed about this damage and the fact that it may not be covered under the warranty (it's only 13/14 months old!).  What can Fitbit do about this for me? (am UK based)

Have read lots of other threads on this very same topic so I am not alone.

Very disgruntled!!!

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

That's up to Fitbit to decide @BluettD

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team (Click / Tap here to contact)

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BluettD , if you bought your Fitbit in the UK it is covered by I two year warranty.  I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support UK .

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
170 REPLIES 170

That's up to Fitbit to decide @BluettD

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team (Click / Tap here to contact)

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BluettD , if you bought your Fitbit in the UK it is covered by I two year warranty.  I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support UK .

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Join the (ever growing) club Blue.  I, along with 3 other people that I personally know, all have issues with the Surge band.  It seems clear to me that there is a terrible design flaw with the Surge and Fitbit simply won't admit it as this will further harm its already fragile stock price.  If the band was easily replaceable, this wouldn't be such a huge issue but the band cannot be replaced, the entire unit is basically toast.  I would love to know what Fitbit's "strategy" was in relation to the Surge.  Do they really expect consumers to shell out $250 every year or so for a new unit?  It's such a shame; I have purchased at least 7 different products from Fitbit and this experience has soured me terribly. 

If you contact Fitbit, they will most likely offer you a 25% discount on a new tracker since you're out of warranty.  I don't know about you, but that just doesn't cut it for me.

Good Luck.

Best Answer

Oh you mean like this? and it's only 7 months old. Smiley Sad

20160401_164620369_iOS.jpg

Best Answer

That's exactly like mine!

Best Answer

Fitbit UK have arranged a replacement to be sent - great stuff Fitbit - now extend that 2 year warranty elsewhere in the world and fix the strap from breaking in the first place!!  Or I'll be back again in a year after another new watch!!!

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to my Surge. I am in the US and waiting to see what they do. I have heard a 25% discount then they should tell buyers that to only expect the watch to last a year.

I am very careful with my Surge-it has not been wet other than sweat.

Let me know what they do about your band-my Surge was a 2015 Valentine's Day gift.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

robbieouzts
Best Answer

I got a 25% discount from FitBit.

I purchased a FitBit Blaze with that discount.  The blaze has a replacable band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Robbie,
Uk customers have a 2yr warranty so I received a free replacement.
Fitbit should extend that period worldwide.
Best Answer

I agree I am waiting to see what happens. It will be discouraging if they do not replace. Particularly since I have sold at least six to colleagues who ask about the watch and BTW also bought my husband a Surge.

Robbie

robbie.ouzts@gatech.edu

robbieouzts
Best Answer

This is exaclty what my band looks like as well.  I was successful in getting a warranty replacement.  When I questioned what I do when the replacement unit fils, I received the following the response "I assure you that your Surge band will never break again, as I'll be sending you the most reliable and sturdy Surge tracker. No worries"...to which I responded "by your assurance, you have just given me a liftetime warranty", which she never took exception to.   I saved the chat discussion for future reference, in the event the band fails again-out of the statndard warranty.  I hate the disposable society we have become, in as much as replacing the entire unit for a cheap plastic band. 

Best Answer

Have a replacement all is great! Wonderful Customer service.

Robbie Brawner Ouzts

Moderator edit: Removed personal info. 

robbieouzts
Best Answer
0 Votes

Like others on this threat, I too have a Fitbit surge with a defective wrist band that is cracking around the screws. The Surge was purchased in March 2015. I'm a gentle user of the Surge, so I am disappointed in this performance.

On 10 June 2016, I called the Fitbit support line. I was told that the wait was 10 minutes. However, 45 minutes later the call remained unanswered. Despite being told repeatedly to stay on the line, Fitbit support never answered. Eventually, Fitbit dropped the call.

I filed a complaint via email and, to give credit where due, Fitbit did email me the next day to get started on resolving my problem with the Surge. I really appreciated their prompt effort to respond and it looks as if things will be made right.

Dogu

Best Answer

Same here. i am going with Garmin Vioactive HR

Best Answer

I am going with Garmin Vioactive HR

Best Answer

My wife and I each have a Fitbit Surge that is cracking at the screws but they are both just over a year old (since Feb'15) and of course are now out of warranty.  We're in Canada.  I realized we purchased it on a credit card that doubles warranty so I sent a Notice of Claim to the Insurer for our credit card - this will be the first time I've sent a notice of claim so we'll see how it goes.

Best Answer

For the record, I am pleased to report that Fitbit honoured their warranty on my Surge. Once I reported the product defect, they did some checks of my purchase receipt and the defect, and then replaced my Surge promptly. After my initial problems getting through on the call line, the email customer service was outstanding. Thanks you Fitbit!

Best Answer

Same here, my band is cracking. For a $250 device, it has to last longer. 

When I mentioned to them that a lot of people in these forums have cracked band, I was told that many more people have working band !!! WTF.

Get behind your customers. I pre-ordered the Surge when it came out, at full price.

Sad customer service.

Best Answer
I pre-ordered as well, and love the Surge. I don't want to go with the Blaze because it doesn't have GPS, a feature I use frequently.
Best Answer