Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band cracking by screws

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my Surge in Feb 2015 and this last week I have noticed that the band is cracked underneath where the screws are - and is now digging into my wrist when I wear it.  I'm not a particularly 'rough' wearer of the Surge so am very disappointed about this damage and the fact that it may not be covered under the warranty (it's only 13/14 months old!).  What can Fitbit do about this for me? (am UK based)

Have read lots of other threads on this very same topic so I am not alone.

Very disgruntled!!!

Best Answer
170 REPLIES 170
I believe everyone’s experience here was quite the same - paid $250 for Fitbit's flagship product, the band cracked, and Fitbit failed to admit the design flaw in the band, and failed to make good on the problem with their best customers.

Sent from my phone, so pardon spelling mistakes.
Best Answer

My husband had the exact same problem and Fitbit would not honour the band. I got one for him on Amazon and it is black with red holes and it fits perfectly. He has had it for months now and wears it every day. The band is holding up. I think it was $20 Cdn. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!
--Angela M

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I did see there are aftermarket replacements. I ended up getting the Blaze. I will keep this a backup plan in the event the Blaze fails. Frustrating that this occurred at all. Thanks again for you suggestion. All the best.

Chuck Hopkins
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up a few years ago and got a Apple Watch, way better band and
design! Fitbit was a joke
--
Michael F. Crane
Best Answer
0 Votes
The newer models fit into universal bands. Better engineering..I tend to resist apple hegemony

Chuck Hopkins
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
--
Angela M. Lombardi
P.O. Box 403575
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Cell:786-303-4520
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Bought 2 replacement bands with screws and tools. On eBay for under $10 each. You tube tutorial had me replace it in around 10 mins first try easy but make sure you take the aerial off the old one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate the response but I have replaced with an Apple quite a while ago. The Apple counts laps while swimming which sold me. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sweden have that too , I think it is a EU thing, but soon you are no longer member, sorry for us in Sweden since you was our closest united. Anyway Amazon sell Surge band, there are about 30 of them, but I tried one, the cheapest... one part fit good but not the other so I could not use it, I will try again, this time not the cheepest..

Best Answer
0 Votes

We all have problem with the bad quality of theirs  bracelet. We have 2 year in Sweden too, I think it is a EU thing, but soon you are not with us anymore, sorry for us in Sweden since you was our closest allied.Amazon sell band to Surge, but some of the sellers have not so good quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes