Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge battery with exclamation Xperia ZA not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my second surge after first one strap bubbled and fell apart.  I persisted as have historic data on the app and like the functionality (plus I have no desire to become another slave to Apple).

The Surge refuses to sync with my Xperia ZA so was using the dongle on my laptop to sync and all working fine.  Dongle breaks, Surge won't sync even with USB plugged into my Windows 8 laptop and still not working with Xperia even though reinstalled App etc.

Battery life on Surge gets progressively worse as more activities are stored in memory (am assuming) without syncing until battery dies.  Now try to recharge and all I get is an empty battery icon with an exclamation mark.

Am sure the Surge is due a firmware update but without being able to sync am a bit at a loss with:

a) how to get past the exclamation mark error and get charge into it

b) how to sync given the obvious yet difficult to explain incompatibility with my Android handset

Any help would be muchus gracias!

Cheers

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @PhiliosT! Hope you’re enjoying the forums! Cat Happy

Thanks for all those steps you've tried already. I would suggest cleaning the charging contacts on the back of your tracker. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. Robot wink

Then restart your Surge a couple of times and fully charge it. If this doesn't get rid of the exclamation point try to sync your Fitbit with your computer again. If you don't have a Wireless Dongle you can purchase it online if you wish. Since your phone is not in the list of compatible devices and we can not assure it will be connecting flawless with Fitbit. Some users try to get the latest update for both phone and Fitbit App before trying to sync, you can give it a try too.

In case that your still having issues with the battery of your Surge consider the tips on this post when you want to conserve battery life.

Keep me posted on the resolution! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes