Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge battrey not holding charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What do I do?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome aboard my friend @cmacd001Woman Happy

Sorry about your Surge. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Check the tips to improve the battery life of your Surge.

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? How are you changing your Surge?

I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome aboard my friend @cmacd001Woman Happy

Sorry about your Surge. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Check the tips to improve the battery life of your Surge.

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? How are you changing your Surge?

I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer