Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge breaks as Warranty Expires

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

*edit* 

Please mods don't edit my forum titles.I do not appreciate censorship of my post!

The Surge stopped holding it's charge at the same time the warranty expired.

There is no abuse, no deception and nothing negative or hostile. I posted to see if anyone had similar issues or to find out whether the product could be repaired, I have since found out this is not the case.

Hi,

I bought the watch around Mar '15, towards the end of warranty period the watch stopped holding charge and similarly it now holds for less than a day.

It is 6 months on but having just discovered the watch and trying it again Im having the same problem, which makes it useless. I cant keep charging it, and if I exercise the battery drains almost instantly.

Just wondering if anyone knows where/if a fitbit can be serviced and how much this will cost? I really

hip of my posts!dont think buying a watch, albeit a smart watch should result in becoming useless just 2 years on.

I still have Casio watches from my teens that work as well as they did 20 years ago?!

I'm in the uk if that helps for recommending where to go.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried resetting the Surge three times in succession? That can often solve battery drain issues.

Hilary | UK

Charge, Aria, iPhone 4s, Mac

If this answer is helpful, please vote for it and/or mark it as a solution.

Best Answer

@Digitenor The only thing "serviceable" that I'm aware of is replacing the band (and that is "aftermarket"). FitBit considers the Surge to be disposable (as the battery is not replaceable). Many people (including myself) agree about the "life expectancy" being way too short with no replaceable parts!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Yes, I tried resets and I had followed the cleaning instructions.

I have gone full charge to drain, I have worn it only as a watch and still had just over 24 hours capacity where when I first bought it, the watch didn't need charging for almost a week, whilst active!

I have fully charged it and worn it in the gym, only to need to charge it a few hours later!

I've emailed support and I am further responses after being told there is no option to repair, or even pay to repair and are clearly designed to expire outside of warranty; I won't be purchasing from Fitbit again.

Best Answer

I have spent a frustrating time emailing backward and forward with Fitbit, as my Surge refused to charge, although display shows when plugged into usb. I was advised there is a limited warranty and they'd offer a 25% discount on a new tracker, gee thanks. So their idea of great customer service is after your tracker which cost about $200 less than 18 months ago dies, buy another one at a so called discount. Plus the wristband also shows signs of bubbles, which I found out is a fairly common problem but hey, 25% discount is all they offer. No offer of repair or explanation of what could cause the Surge to stop charging, or even a reason for the bubbles on the wristband. Well done Fitbit, oh that is sarcasm by the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had four Surge devices completely fail within a year. The Surge is junk. Take your losses and buy a fitness tracker from another company. Fitbit products are poorly made and not appropriate for use by fitness minded people. If you sweat while working out or running, water WILL make its way into the screen and render it useless. The company claims it is "water-resistant"... No it isn't.  

As for the charging issue... my experience with each device was a diminished level of charge retention as time went on. When I first got my device(s) I could go at least five days without a charge. As time went on, I couldn't go more than two days without recharging. Don't buy another Fitbit. 

Best Answer