Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge classic - not paired but controlling wrong songs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge and used to be able to control my music on Pandora. I got a new phone (still the same iPhone 6s+ but a replacement for my broken one) and paired the fitbit just fine but have been unsuccessful pairing the surge classic which allows me to control music (it won’t find it when In discover mode). Strangely enough, although it’s not showing classic as being paired, when I double click home button, it shows me the music buttons and even shows songs that play on my Pandora station, but it’s not the actual song playing on Pandora at the time. If I click next, it shows that it goes to the next song and even shows the track timer moving, but the song actually playing does not change and is not the same song showing on the screen.

i have tried forgetting the device and  re-pairing multiple times and can’t get my phone to pair w classic and/or show the proper song and actually be functional. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Modest13, welcome to the Community forums, it's good to see you around for the first time. 

Thank you for all the details regarding the difficulty you've found to control your music, or to connect to the Bluetooth Classic. Before considering other options, please make sure you've tried to restart your Surge following these steps, then check if you continue to find trouble to find the Bluetooth Classic. 

You may also find additional troubleshooting steps in this article: Why can't I control music with my Fitbit device?

I hope this helps, please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this interesting @Modest13 was the old phone also an iOS device you already confirmed this.

If it wasn't I would setup the ionic with your current iPhone since an iOS does not use Bluetooth Classic and this feature should have been disabled with an iOS device.

At least that is the way it was in the past with the 3 trackers that control music, has anything changed with this @DavideFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes