Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Surge wristband broke

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bands break.  Too bad.   Unit won’t swipe. Too bad. What a disappointment.  I will never purchase anything by Fitbit again. 

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Runner2347 contact Fitbit Customer Services, although I'm not sure whether they will do anything as the Surge is now discontinued, we suggest looking at the Fitbit Ionic or the Fitbit Versa.

Alternatively, you could take the Fitbit Comparison test

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s out of warranty so it needs to malfunction. I understand. The inability to change the band was an inspired design feature (not). I have no interest in any of your other products. You have already gotten your shot and failed spectacularly. As I said it was a disappointing purchase.
Best Answer

I have the same experience, 2 Fitbit Surge’s battery life just worked for about 6 months each. So $ 250 for only a year is too disappointing 

Best Answer

I’m sorry for your bad experience. The sad part is Fitbit isn’t.  

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Runner2347 and @tikno100, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Thanks for the links @kk15405.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I had a surge for 6 months and the band basically disintegrated.  I got a second one and the same thing happened. However the second one had swipe, sync, and band issues. When I called on the second, I was happily told that the warranty had run out on the first and I should run out and buy another. Two questions:  why would I buy another? Why shouldn’t I be disappointed? 

Best Answer

I’m thinking of taking their offer on 40% off on Ionic, just hesitate it will have the same path of Surge, only a year usage. Anyone had a bad experience with Ionic ? 

Best Answer

Thanks for adding your comments @Runner2347 and @tikno100

We appreciate the feedback. About the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. Feedback has been taken and we are always improving all designs. Feel free to visit other boards to see how Fitbit watches are working for others. 

Have a great day.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’ll be sure to do that

Best Answer

Hi @Runner2347! Let me know if you have more questions or feel free to post your inquiries in the different boards.

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Best Answer

I agree Runner2347.  My "replacement" surge had more issues than my first surge that only had issues with the band falling apart.  This not only has happened with my Surge, but also my wife's Surge.  So basically I'm out $500 on a product that was very poorly designed. 

Best Answer
My issues exactly. At least I’m not losing my mind. It is poorly designed and glitchy. I know how to turn my Fitbit off and on and how to delete the app. That one size fits all solution doesn’t work for a defective unit. Second was worse than the first but even though it was “brand new” my warranty had already expired on the first Fitbit. Anyway...this is beating a dead Fitbit and I’m moving on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your feedback @Dissapointed_WA and @Runner2347! It's really helpful for us. Your voice is being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team. Let me know if you have questions about the Fitbit warranty. 

Have a good one! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

how can your customers be inspired when your product keeps breaking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

you need to improve your tests or better yet your band design

Best Answer
0 Votes