Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge is losing calories I have burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I will do an exercise and after I have finished it will say my total calories burned for the day is 2750 then I'll go back and Synch it again an hour later and I'll have lost 200-300 calories burned. 

I know the original calories burned is correct because I continuously check my burn through out the exercise.

It doesn't happen every time but about once a week or so.

Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Lisalisa99, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Woman Happy

Wow! That's odd! Are you checking this information only in the Fitbit App or comparing Fitbit App against Fitbit Surge? I also would like to know, if you're editing or adding manually activities after or before you sync your Fitbit. Even though it is not happening all the time, we can check what is going on with your Fitbit. Cat Frustrated

Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for responding. 

I don't edit or add manually.

Here's what I do though, I often do multiple fitness things, for example, I'll ride my bike, then do a run, then ride my bike again. I like to know my total calorie count from all, so will use my Surge, logging a 'Workout' and then use my phone Strava App to log my bike and runs, and I have my Surge and Strava working together, so my the run and bike will show up on my Fitbit app on my phone. So...I am not sure if this would cause a problem? I am not sure why it would?

I am attaching 2 photos from Saturday. I did a bike/run/bike. My heartrate did run a bit high for about 30 minutes during my second bike ride, but again, I do not see how the Surge would know this?

I hope this is making sense. 

As you will see from the photos, and the times I did a screen shot, the difference of my first calorie burn and then my second, 500 calories were lost. The most it's ever lost. 

sat1.jpgsat2.jpg

Best Answer

Hey @Lisalisa99, thanks for getting back and to confirm the activities you're tracking. Robot wink

The information on the picture called my attention since in the second one the amount of steps increased but the calories burned decreased after 3 minutes. I'd like to test your Fitbit and check if this is working fine, why don't you go ahead and use only your Fitbit Surge for a couple of day; but instead of using "Workout" option. You might use the option "Spinning / Run / Spinning" from your Surge and avoid using Strava app. And see if you're still loosing calories. Smiley Happy

Also take a look of how Strava works with Fitbit:

• Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava
  • NOTE: Manually logged activities in Strava will NOT sync over, it needs to be a recorded activity (i.e. pressing the record button in the app)

So, in the future if you want to keep using Strava make sure you're just wearing your Surge, as you don't need to use Workout or any other option from MultiSport section when using this Third Party App.

Please keep me posted! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes