Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge is not syncing with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Nov 13, 2019 my surge was updated to firmware version 16.34.6.1

After this firmware update, it lost syncing capabilities with my phone. Yesterday, on January 1, 2020, the time on the watch changed and now does not display my current time.

I have tried the following and it is still not working:

I have turned off the Surge and powered it back on: still would not sync.

I have turned the Bluetooth Classic to off, powered off the device, powered it back on, turned Bluetooth Classic to on: still would not sync.

I have removed the Surge from my Fitbit devices and have attempted to re-add the device: will not add.

I am running out of ideas on how to reconnect this device back to my Fitbit profile and have it sync. I truly believe this was a firmware problem. I have had this device for about 4 years and have always been able to sync it with numerous devices. I can't even use it as a watch because the time is not correct.. it is over 4 hours off.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @jallmitch your tracker syncs through Bluetooth Low Energy. Bluetooth classic is only used for music control. May I ask which phone model you have? 

I'm also wondering why you are only now receiving the firmware that was released 3 years ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone Android Redme is not syncing with fitbit surge tracker since yesterday.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why I'm not being helped in syncing my android phone Redme with fitbit surge ?
Best Answer
0 Votes