Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge is not water resistant...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my trusty Surge for two years. Love it, up until about two weeks ago. I shower with it, wash my hands, run it under the sink to clean the band - never any issues noting that it is water "resistant". Couple weeks ago, normal routine - I show water under the screen. ?!? I've tried everything under the sun to get the water out - no luck. Now it won't hold a charge. If the display does come on, there's no swipe functionality. Other than buying another one that apparently will crap out around two years...are there other options? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@WindessMaximuswrote:

run it under the sink to clean the band -  

I would of never done this as I see water getting into the screen.

But then I would of never showered with it either.

Did you put it in Rice for 48 hours?

Water resistance is different than water proof.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Played with it on in all kinds of water for two years - no issues. Yes, put it in rice for a week, charged it in rice for a few more days. No luck. I did however have luck reaching out to Fitbit directly. They basically said it's dead, but offered me a 25% off coupon. Overall, I was happy. 

Regarding water resistance vs waterproof, I'm fully aware of it's resistance - it was one of the things I did a lot of research on...and for two years, it wasn't a problem. Moving on to the Ionic now. "Resistant" up to 50m. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WindessMaximuswrote:

Regarding water resistance vs waterproof, I'm fully aware of it's resistance - it was one of the things I did a lot of research on...and for two years, it wasn't a problem. Moving on to the Ionic now. "Resistant" up to 50m. 

Good luck

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes