Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge isn't staying charged for longer than a day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi -

I received my Fitbit Surge last Christmas. I love it! I wear it everyday, and up until about two weeks ago, it would last the full 5 battery day life. I only use the GPS for my running usually one day a week, and then I shut that off. I haven't even been that active lately because I have been very ill. The last two weeks, I have had my Surge battery die almost every day or day and a half. As for the settings, I do use bluetooth, and my backlight is on auto.When the Fitbit does get fully charged, I unplug it as well. I have not even had the watch a year, and it is already not staying charged. I am completely bummed, and would love support or a replacement battery. Thank you for any support

Carly

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I had the same with my first one, and recently with my second.

Reboot it, then sync it, then scroll back in the app to previous days,and keep forcing a sync until the last couple of weeks are fully populated with data, then charge again. 

Mine didn't sync for some time, battery lifespan collapsed, it wouldn't sync until rebooted, took several syncs to clear the data, then took a full charge, and has been fine since then.

I think it somehow gets to a state where the bluetooth radio can't connect, but is on permanently trying to sync, with a lot of data building up in the background.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @carlyrudolph! Thank you for your participation on this tread @jimmyjimjimSmiley Very Happy

In case that your still having issues with the battery of your Fitbit consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Shut down your tracker when not in use (option for Fitbit Blaze and Surge.)
  • If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap Account. At the top of the screen tap on your tracker name to see your settings, then scroll down. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Charge your tracker more often if you use music control frequently.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, remove some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Turn off Quick View. Since it causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. To find the setting, open the app and tap Account. At the top of the screen tap Surge and scroll down.​

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help! It's great to have you in the Community! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Expected my Fitbit battery to last longer than this, but just talked to customer service and in less than 18 months (since my 5 month old Surge was replaced because of condensation problems) it now will only stay charged for several hours.  Fitbit answer?  25% discount for new Fitbit product.  Not sure I spending $175 or so every year and a half will be in my budget.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @SunsetRunner! It's great to see you here. Smiley Very Happy

I understand how you feel, but when the tracker doesn't  meet these warranty conditions, the best option is take advantage of the courtesy discount towards your next purchase, it'll give you the opportunity to either purchase the same model, or try the newest models. You might consider this option using your discount, you might get the Alta, Blaze, Charge 2, and Flex 2

Now, if you're located in US or Canada you can get the new Fitbit Protection Plan too (FPP extends the standard warranty from one year to two years and includes accidental damage).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other question. Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I do all of that that watch is useless to me. I wear it all of the time and need the data.

Best Answer