Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge keeps turning itself on after I've closed it down.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an annoying problem which is constantly happening! After I have charged my surge or finished an exercise I close it down using the shutdown option on the settings menu. Most times I do this it automatically starts up again therefore when I come to use it next the battery is either almost or totally dead. Why am I getting this problem??

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for bringing this up.

The Fitbit should only turn on if a button on it is pressed. Is it possible that one of the buttons is pressed because of the way you moved your wrist? That could explain what is going on. The very same thing could cause the screen to be constantly on and thus use a lot more battery than it should be using with the screen off.

Let me know if this couldn't be the situation or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem and I have verified there are no buttons being pushed. The thing just turns itself on the matter what. You cannot keep it shut off for more than a couple minutes. It’s irritating is the battery is always dead. To reiterate, no buttons being pressed, this is definitely some sort of software issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes