Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge massively underecording heart rate and active minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Returned from a very strenuous 60 km cycle with a friend over 2.5 hours to find my Fitbit telling me I had spent 90 minutes not even in the fat burning zone. The data showed the ride was much less strenuous than the hour long solo ride I’d done the day before. Is there any way to fix this problem with wildly inaccurate recording?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I've noticed bike rides continue to be the one area that the Surge really lacks in detecting properly too, and doubt it's going to be addressed as it's past end of life. How are you gauging its accuracy besides personal perception? Have you tried calculating your rides with another tracker at the same time? Are you implying it worked more accurately for you previously? Myself, I've learned to accept the Surge won't accurately record my bike rides either. It'll detect I was bike riding, but, as you've experienced, won't show me the numbers I'd anticipate either. I just roll with it, or if seriously concerned to log, will switch to another tracker for bike rides. It's really the one area that consistently and persistently doesn't seem to capture as well as other activities. Perhaps, try choosing bike ride activity when beginning, I've found doing this, as well as enabling GPS has increased my overall accuracy. #YMMV

Best Answer
0 Votes