Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge no longer swipes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Fitbit Surge for a while now and have had no issues. Over  the last week it has increasingly become more difficult to swipe and now it doesn’t swipe at all. I have tried rebooting, resyncing, reconnecting but to no success. Any further ideas? 

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Welcome aboard @Mac07.!  Thanks for trying all those steps beforehand, sorry to hear this didn't work.

I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly to give you a hand with the swiping issues of your Surge. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. 

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem with mine, do a full reset remove device and reconnect then worked for a few days then stopped again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @BGreenNZ. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Surge swipe inquiry.

I got in touch with our support team and they have informed me that they are already assisting you. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having same problem with surge, not swiping. Has Fitbit came up with a solution? Lots of these chats have same issue. I have done every suggested fix, re starting, remove app and re installed, re synced etc. changed settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob.

Best Answer

Nice to see you here @Robred!

Sorry about what happened to your Surge band, thanks a million for the steps that you've tried. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’ve also had the same issues the last month without any resolution. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @jmfitz54. I´ll be glad to assist you with your Surge swiping inquiry. 

¿Could you please confirm that you have already restarted your device?

I´ll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also rest watch and deleted/restarted app. Still cannot swipe. Need help

I too have tried all suggested fixes, (restart, sync, remove app and reload) to no avail. I cannot swipe at all. Need help.

Moderator edit: format and updated post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Runnred55. I'll be glad to assist you with your Surge not swiping inquiry. Thank you for trying all suggested fixes.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem....Kindly help me...thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem. What have been some of the solutions

Best Answer
0 Votes
They offered no real help other than 20% off another Fitbit but not the one
I have as they no longer make it. The smartest h they offered zero off.
I’ll get something else, maybe a Garmin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have made it a point that I don’t buy Fitbit in the future...also I have told my friends to not buy Fitbit for their terrible after sales service and support

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine no longer swipes either, i did all of the tricks, even let the battery die for 3 days after it went blank.  Why don't you have troubleshooting technology that we can plug into?

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue.  Unfortunately, after speaking with customer service it looks like they will not stand behind their product and repair what is obviously a flaw in their product.  Instead of throwing more money at a new device with Fitbit, I may try another brand that will stand behind their product.

Best Answer
I am fed up with the customer support and have decided never to buy Fitbit
and also tell my friends to never buy Fitbit...In fact, I have already
purchased the Apple Watch, and it is a really good watch
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the feedback. I know a few that own the apple watch but have been hesitant with the price tag to purchase. After this experience, I may invest in the watch as FitBit solution seems to have one purchase a new product every two years – not willing to do this any longer.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
I may go with a Harmon watch as I have spent enough on iPhones and iPads
all of which I think are overpriced
Best Answer
0 Votes

i had a Garmin previously, and it still works!much better quality!

@Runnred55 wrote:
I may go with a Harmon watch as I have spent enough on iPhones and iPads
all of which I think are overpriced

Best Answer
0 Votes