Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge no longer swipes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Fitbit Surge for a while now and have had no issues. Over  the last week it has increasingly become more difficult to swipe and now it doesn’t swipe at all. I have tried rebooting, resyncing, reconnecting but to no success. Any further ideas? 

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I also have the same failure of Surge touch screen, The Fitbit support team told me it's a hardware failure and suggest me to buy a new one. I have told the support team my Surge only last for less than 2.5 years and throw it away just because the failure of swipe screen (other functions are all nomal).

I have suggested the support team to enhance the Surge operations, to fully utilize the right upper button which now is seldom used to have the functions the same with swipe screen.

That is 

Home button -> RUN mode -> right upper button -> Hike mode .....

RUN mode -> right lower button -> FREE RUN -> right upper button -> LAP RUN...

I strongly suggest the Fitbit company to adopt my suggestion to rescue the easy failure of swipe screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution works...you need to buy a new watch...also I recommend you, not to buy a fitbit ever again

Best Answer
Ended up being a hardware problem, just like phone's at times that no
longer recognise a touch. Hence a replacement needed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I was looking for another issue regarding my Surge but stumbled onto this one. Thought I would give you my experience.  Was having the same issue with mine when I received a no cost replacement (with no warranty). Ever since the new one has been issue free. As far as swiping is concerned; try storing it for 24 hours in an airtight or screw top jar. It's possible there is a humidity problem. Otherwise, try complaining. If the device is relatively young you may be lucky enough to qualify for a free replacement. I just love the GPS feature. Good luck.

BTW..my issue was which formula should be used to convert road cycling exercise to steps. Currently I get zero steps, which totally unacceptable.

Oops!!! forgot to mention, you need to half-fill the jar with rice (too absorb any moisture in your device)

Sorry about that......good luck.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I did not try rice but will do so now. Appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, thx for the tip, it’s worth a try!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can no longer swipe my surge anymore. after dealing with the bubbling band and now this i am regretting  this fit bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to buy a new band also

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

i too have have a problem with my surge, touch screen not working i tried pressing 3 buttons together and restarted aftere 10 seconds, i did not work pls do help me

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did contact them but I had mine for about 3 years. They offered me 20%
off the purchase of another one but no longer make the surge. The others do
not do what the dude did so it an option. They would not give anything off
the new one because it’s a smart watch. I’ll never buy another Fitbit.
Going to go with Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes