Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not connecting to app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit is working fine but is not connecting to the Fitbit app. It says that it is looking for it but that is all. This started yesterday and it has full battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Kimsararh! If your Fitbit Surge is not syncing, I recommend checking 

out these syncing troubleshoots. Make sure that there isn't another bluetooth device that may be creating interference during the process. Setting  up your tracker as a new device may also help you to bring it back to sync as usual.

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Kimsararh! If your Fitbit Surge is not syncing, I recommend checking 

out these syncing troubleshoots. Make sure that there isn't another bluetooth device that may be creating interference during the process. Setting  up your tracker as a new device may also help you to bring it back to sync as usual.

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as you, and many others it appears.  My issues started after I updated my Fitbit App on my Iphone.  Now my iphone won't recognize the Fitbit via bluetooth.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Forums @GRadamWK! Did you try the steps I shared above? That may help with the syncing issues you're currently experience.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is also having issues connecting and syncing, I have completed all the resetting steps and if I reset my surge it does work but the next time I want to sync it wont connect and I have to reset my surge again, surely I shouldn't have to reset my surge every time I want to sync it???
Best Answer

Welcome aboard to the Community @Martyn81! If you already have tried the troubleshoot I shared above, I recommend that you reach out to our Support Team. I know that they're always happy to listen to your experience and provide different options for you, if needed!

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have this problem but the support team won't do me any favours. Please help me! ;(
Best Answer
0 Votes
I said to the support team what the issue was and how frustrating it was and they sent a replacement.

Just keep on to them.

Regards

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I may have found a solution. Try deleting or forgetting all the other devices in your Bluetooth setting ( Speaker, headphones, etc). I'm not sure about Bluetooth setting though
Best Answer
0 Votes
XD I meant Surge Classic. I'm not sure about that. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I originally bought a charge 2 product that I was unable to complete the initial sync because it would not charge.  I took it back to Nordstrom, got my money back and bought a Surge.  Now trying to set it up.  It is connected to my Lumina 950 XL Bluetooth.  However when I download the Fitbit app it isn't seen because the stupid app still is looking for the defective charge 2.  Please get me help ASAP or I will return it and go to the Garmin product.  Very frustrated and no live help is disconcerting. 

Moderator's edit: Removed personal information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @ajohnmillerCat Very Happy Welcome to the Forums! It's unfortunate to hear your situation. Let me try to help. Btw, we do have live help, via chat and phone. Are you following these instructions to setup your new tracker? 

Please let me know what happens when you try to setup the new device or what message do you see. 

I'll be around. Smiley Wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I was able to get it resolved and found the chat and customer support number!
Best Answer

Hey, @ajohnmiller! Thanks for the updates. I'm so glad to hear that you are back on track now. 

I would like to invite you to our Discussion boards, where you can find a lot of different topics and share your thoughts with us. 

See you around! Man WinkHeart

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer