Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge- not fit for purpose

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will Fitbit recognise that the Surge strap design has been a complete disaster. There is a fundamental issue of fitness for purpose. The Fitbit Surge product is not able to fulfill its function. How can we have a fitness watch that threatens to snap and fall to the ground within eeeks of purchase?

Where is tthe Fitbit responsibility to its customers? Please share my comments. I will. 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Surge NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

When will Fitbit recognise that the Surge strap design has been a complete disaster. There is a fundamental issue of fitness for purpose. The Fitbit Surge product is not able to fulfill its function. How can we have a fitness watch that threatens to snap and fall to the ground within eeeks of purchase?

Where is tthe Fitbit responsibility to its customers? Please share my comments. I will. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

SURGE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think they will. I really don't know what to do next.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

t sounds like you have been living in a closet for the last 2 years @Fitpaddy. Have you looked at the Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Versa, Ace, and the upgraded improved band on the Surge replacement, the Ionic? 

They all have replaceable bands with several third partys selling their own versions. 

For $10 Amazon sells a repair kit for the Surge. 

Best Answer

Hi,

You are not alone, the life of a fitibit is in my experience around the 12 month mark before the strap bubbles and comes away from the watch face. I believe they are selling a product not fit for purpose and I am reporting the to the Ombudsman today.

Best Answer

My dear Rich. 

I am afraid that you are missing the point or maybe you sell Fitbits for a living. It is improper for Fitbit to be selling products that always fall apart in any warm temperatures or with the impact of perspiration. Fitbit is releasing new products developed with the profits from taking my money under false pretences. Fitbit continued to sell Surge despite global complaints and product returns. FP

Best Answer

I couldn’t have put it better myself Jogger. I will let you know what the Ombudsman says. I reported the product yesterday. 

I have a Surge but I believe the Charge has the same problems. 

I went out to try find examples and found 40 disatisfied people with an hour. 

Best Answer