Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden (approx two weeks ago) my Surge stopped to "hold" charge. Battery drains so fast I have to charge every second day.

Until than one battery charge would typically last 4-5 days - charge during weekend and repeat thursday/ friday depending of GPS use.

Typically I leave it to charge for a few hours (1-3hours) until the lightning bolt AND my dashboard states it's fully charged.

I am using it 24/7 as a activity and sleep tracker exept every second day I track a Free run approx 45 min duration.

I charged it yesterday till it was fully charged. Took it on a 'free run' this morning for approx 45 min. Now after 24 hours it is back to medium charge. 

2016-02-01 16.22.50.png

I am aware that it usually will last for an extra day after you receive the empty battery email, but I don't want to rely on that so I typically charge when the email arrives.

Have reset it several times for no avail. 

This bavavior started all of a sudden as I said. I don't think we have got any FW or app updates for the last 2-3 weeks either

Any one else experiencing their Surge (or Fitbit) not holding charge? 

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

I have tried this 3 times now and it isn't working. Thanks for your suggestion.

Best Answer

Ditto -- I have just resigned myself to the fact that I made a bad purchase. I researched and chose the FB Surge for the functionality. I automatically place my Surge on the charger each night before I go to bed; it has become part of my nightly routine. Like you, I am watching reviews of competitor products preparing for my next purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a Fitbit Surge that doesn't hold a charge.  My Surge usually lasted several days before charging, but now it doesn't last only about 18 hours and dies!  This is my 3rd Fitbit Surge.  I can leave it charge for 3 hours or longer and it still doesn't make any difference.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
Sam's Club had a Garmin on sale today with $100 off so I bought it. I am really diappointed in the length of time the Fitbit lasted.
Best Answer

I have found the GARMIN to be great and really enjoying it.

Best Answer
Which model?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, which model? After posting and waiting 3 years on my request to manually enter floors climbed,  or to edit erroneous floors I gained while driving up and down hills to no avail and the charging problem with no resolution, I have actually started the process of searching for a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Surge.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin vivoactive HR

Best Answer
I've had 3 Fitbit Surges and they all have had the same problem of not holding a charge vary long. Now I'm starting to charge it daily.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had 3 Fitbit Surges and they all have had the same problem of not holding a charge vary long. Now I'm starting to charge it daily.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Time for a new device. After the cost of a surge, I looked elsewhere since the company seems to dismiss the multiple people complaining about the battery. I bought a GARMIN and am quite happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly, I think you have done exactly what FitBit wants, purchased a new device! Unfortunately for them, you didn't replace with another FitBit device! 
Best Answer

I understand where you are coming from.   My Surge is also out of warranty, so I got the same offer from fitbit,  25% off any of their trackers.  When I tried to use the discount on the Ionic, I was told that the discount didn't apply to the Ionic!   I am done with fitbit, their poor quality, and bad costumer service.   I am waiting for my new Samsung fit 2 Pro to arrive!  Good luck to you all that are still trying to get fitbit to back up their product.

Best Answer

I am having a similar problem with my Fitbit. I am changing it twice a day. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a battery issue.

I recently opened the watch on my own (based on YouTube tutorial) and saw that the battery is bulging, indicative leak.

Kindest regards,

Andrew Solomon
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! After two Fitbits I gave up and went for a Garmin and love it.Absolutely no issues and more information.
Best Answer

I also experienced the same problem in Florida.  The issue corrected itself when the battery fully extended and recharged.  

My battery will not hold its charge beyond a day requiring constant recharging.  Has Fitbit built in obsolescence into their product requiring a new watch every 2 years?  Remember Apple with previous versions of their iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can u give me the address so I can make a complaint. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry traveling. Look at surge site on line

Michael Giudice
Best Answer
0 Votes