Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden (approx two weeks ago) my Surge stopped to "hold" charge. Battery drains so fast I have to charge every second day.

Until than one battery charge would typically last 4-5 days - charge during weekend and repeat thursday/ friday depending of GPS use.

Typically I leave it to charge for a few hours (1-3hours) until the lightning bolt AND my dashboard states it's fully charged.

I am using it 24/7 as a activity and sleep tracker exept every second day I track a Free run approx 45 min duration.

I charged it yesterday till it was fully charged. Took it on a 'free run' this morning for approx 45 min. Now after 24 hours it is back to medium charge. 

2016-02-01 16.22.50.png

I am aware that it usually will last for an extra day after you receive the empty battery email, but I don't want to rely on that so I typically charge when the email arrives.

Have reset it several times for no avail. 

This bavavior started all of a sudden as I said. I don't think we have got any FW or app updates for the last 2-3 weeks either

Any one else experiencing their Surge (or Fitbit) not holding charge? 

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

Don’t have one. I purchased a new battery and it works fine now. Don’t have one.

Best Answer
I could not find a email address. I called Fitbit, and basically told me
to replace it since it was out warranty. They offered 25% discount on my
next purchase. My Surge not only did not hold charge, but the buttons
stopped working too.
Best Answer
I feel your pain my friend. That's why I no longer have a surge. I have an
Apple Series 3.

Jim
Best Answer

Pretty sad when you buy a sports watch for $299 and it only lasts 1 year!  I now have a Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro and loving it!  

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for reaching out the Forums.

We truly appreciate all of your feedback regarding our product's quality. We are always looking for ways to improve, your feedback is not going unnoticed. If you have any questions, be sure to check our Warranty Policy. In case that you need more help with your Fitbit please let me know.

Have a great day, everyone.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How true. I had 3 Surges before I gave up on them.

Chaplain Jim S.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

I switched to a Garmin and it is great I agree. I will not buy another FitBit. There are alternatives and companies with better customer service.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
I agree 100%! I understand that wearables are not like Timex watches that
lasted a life time. I asked if I could send it for repairs, and was told
since it was out warranty, (I had the watch a little over a year) there is
was nothing that they could do. I am sorry I have issues with paying $299
and be told just to replace your watch!
Best Answer
I agree. For what the initial cost, I expected a lot longer longevity.
Best Answer

Hello @ChaplainJim, @KarenPhD and @KarenPhD, thanks for keep adding your comments.

As mentioned before, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our team is focused on finding ways to improve our products and provide a better customer experience. Thank you for your time and feedback. You're helping make us better.

Let me know if you have questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get a replacement battery for surge on Ebay £9.

I cant understand why Fibit don't mention replacing the battery when battery is not holding its charge.

You can get a battery on Ebay £9 and there is a tutorial on youtube how to replace it.

It is not an easy job and you will need a small soldering iron but it is worth doing  rather than scrap the watch.

Best Answer

HI @stevo1973, thanks for sharing this workaround! Smiley Happy

This is a great suggestion! We just need to consider that if any Fitbit product is altered or modified, the Fitbit warranty will not apply for that specific device. And for future purchases, please note that eBay is not in the list of authorized retailers too, for more details check your warranty information here.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
I could have easily replaced the batteries, but the start button wouldn't
work either! Poor quality, bad customer service!!
Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your comments @Hermanitos17.

Thanks for details on your post and for the attempts to solve the issues with your Surge. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly.  Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my Fitbit surge now Since it came on the market. From day one I have had problems with the battery holding the charge. I finally gave up and threw it in the corner (so to speak) because I was so frustrated. 2 weeks ago I started using it again but as before it only holds the charge for max 5 hours. So I either can run with it or sleep with it but I have to always charge in between. I followed all the suggestions that were given i.e. cleaning the connectors, turning off everything that runs in the background. What else is there to do but to send it back to the factory and tell them *%#^+~.  Any suggestions ?

Best Answer
When you call they we give you 25% off a new one

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

You can replace the battery. I got a battery off ebay £9 inc.p&p.

There is a video on Youtube on how to replace the battery. Its not an easy job and you will need a soldering iron. I replaced my battery and its back to new again. I have to say you will invalidate your warranty if you dismantle it. I noticed the old battery was swollen in size I think this could be caused by over charging it. I am surprised Fibit don't do a battery replacement scheme where you send your watch off to them for new battery for say a £20 charge. There must be hundreds of Fibits that could be fixed with just a new battery.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Spetzie43!  Thanks for sharing your feedback @FrankTMarie and @stevo1973, thanks for sharing your Fitbit experience. 

@Spetzie43 Thanks for details on your post and for the attempts to solve the issues with your Surge. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly.  Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. That's what I did, replace the battery. Just like new..
Best Answer

My watch is two years old and for now the battery has been driving five days 

България
Best Answer
0 Votes