Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden (approx two weeks ago) my Surge stopped to "hold" charge. Battery drains so fast I have to charge every second day.

Until than one battery charge would typically last 4-5 days - charge during weekend and repeat thursday/ friday depending of GPS use.

Typically I leave it to charge for a few hours (1-3hours) until the lightning bolt AND my dashboard states it's fully charged.

I am using it 24/7 as a activity and sleep tracker exept every second day I track a Free run approx 45 min duration.

I charged it yesterday till it was fully charged. Took it on a 'free run' this morning for approx 45 min. Now after 24 hours it is back to medium charge. 

2016-02-01 16.22.50.png

I am aware that it usually will last for an extra day after you receive the empty battery email, but I don't want to rely on that so I typically charge when the email arrives.

Have reset it several times for no avail. 

This bavavior started all of a sudden as I said. I don't think we have got any FW or app updates for the last 2-3 weeks either

Any one else experiencing their Surge (or Fitbit) not holding charge? 

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for visiting the forums @Lavena123 and @Pescho33

I really appreciate that you have shared your experience with us and that your devices are working properly.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer

My surge is basically being used as a watch & heart monitor as i have some heart issues only & will only hold a charge now for about 24 hours. Its about 2 years old but there appears to be no fix & so its basically garbage now . . I guess I wont be buying another fitbit as thats too short for a 300 watch to last so its back to a regular watch for me.

Best Answer
I definitely understand your frustration. I went through my fit bit dying
on me for months. I went on eBay and ordered a battery. The cost was on ten
dollars. The only thing that I didn’t like about putting another battery in
was my watch was ripped apart. I had to glue it back together. It works
like a charm now. Not the best looking watch, however, it works.
Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for posting your comment on the Forums. Welcome!

Sorry you feel that way about your tracker. Have you check your options with our support team. Fitbit Surge was very popular but we no longer have that model as an option. We appreciate your feedback as our team is always improving our servicies and products. Let me know if I can request a case for you.

@Lavena123 Thanks for sharing your experience. 

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
I was told they would give me 25% off,not a very good deal

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

For  the purchase price and the number of issues 25% was a joke. I switched to Garmin and am thrilled.

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @FrankTMarie and @KarenPhD. I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your comments.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions.

Best Answer
You should do a better job fixing them

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Yeah were gunna need you in the charge 3 section incase you missed me tagging you for 3-4 days.

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hi @FrankTMarie and @Chancelor, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're always glad to see you on the Forums sharing your Fitbit experience. Your voices are being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what is happening with my Surge.  I have been using it everyday for a year, and all of a sudden it won’t hold a charge.  I cleaned the contacts, reset it, seemed to work ok for about 2 weeks, now it is happening again.  Any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge not holding charge. What can I do about it? 

Can it be replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I called Fitbit, I was told that since it was out of warranty that they could only offer me a 25% on another device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not worth getting another one for 25% off
wont last very long
Best Answer
Go to eBay and order another battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have replaced the battery in my Surge two times with an Ebay $15 battery.  The best of the two has to be charged twice a day.  I'm sure the case won't hold up to try a third.  The best results I've had is to unplug and replug the charging cable when it says it's fully charged.  Make sure the little battery icon is fully filled to the very end.  I agree this model is a throw away unit.  I liked my two previous Ultra's much better.  I hate to leave Fitbit after eight years and loose all my data but mostly likely will go.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I completely understand.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The best they would do is give a small discount for a new one. I switched to a farmin and zero issues . 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep- that is when I said good by Fitbit 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I'm also having a same issue I charge my surge at night then by morning theres no battery life left. I'm unable to use function on the watch except the time, steps etc also I cannot rest my watch and menus. 

I'm going to let my watch run out life and then reset the app on my phone see if that helps but my gut feeling says it won't make a difference.

Could it be a software issue?

Steve 

Best Answer
0 Votes