Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden (approx two weeks ago) my Surge stopped to "hold" charge. Battery drains so fast I have to charge every second day.

Until than one battery charge would typically last 4-5 days - charge during weekend and repeat thursday/ friday depending of GPS use.

Typically I leave it to charge for a few hours (1-3hours) until the lightning bolt AND my dashboard states it's fully charged.

I am using it 24/7 as a activity and sleep tracker exept every second day I track a Free run approx 45 min duration.

I charged it yesterday till it was fully charged. Took it on a 'free run' this morning for approx 45 min. Now after 24 hours it is back to medium charge. 

2016-02-01 16.22.50.png

I am aware that it usually will last for an extra day after you receive the empty battery email, but I don't want to rely on that so I typically charge when the email arrives.

Have reset it several times for no avail. 

This bavavior started all of a sudden as I said. I don't think we have got any FW or app updates for the last 2-3 weeks either

Any one else experiencing their Surge (or Fitbit) not holding charge? 

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144
Sounds like you need a new battery. I got one off ebay about £7. There is a video on youtube how to fit a new battery its not an easy job but can be done.If your battery is swollen thats a new battery. You need a precision screwdriver set and a soldering iron.

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced the battery two times. Six months was the best I got out of it. When I started having to charge it three times a day, I bought an Inspire HR for less than $90.
I’ve only had it for six days and has 48% charge. It’s small but at least it goes thru a shirt sleeve without unbuttoning it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

IT has me too

Best Answer
0 Votes
I looked into replacing the battery, looked on you tube, you need a few tools guy made it look easy but I don't think so. I ended up buying a versa 2, you can look at internet and ebay for battery but if I was you just change to a new one either Ebay or Amazon 
Steve 

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I replaced mine with a new Inspire HR. It stays up for over a week and is much smaller. Wish it recorded bicycling. I replaced two batteries on my old Surge. The replacements were no where near the quality of the original. Four to six months then down to charging twice a day then three times. Not worth fixing.
Best Answer
0 Votes