Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not updating date/time and keeps restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an issue that started on 01-10-2019 at approximately 10:00 am. My Surge will only show the date of 01-10-2019 and a time within the 10 o'clock hour. Also, it constantly switches between the home page and the exercise page then restarts. I have tried syncing, resetting, you name it, and nothing works. It has worked well until now. It started when I restarted the watch (something I have to do often so it will synch). It has the most recent firmware, and my app is up to date. Something is going on with the tracker. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @mmckeehan, thanks for trying all those steps. 

I'd like to check with you some options that your Surge should have on the settings. Please check the steps in this master post.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of that changes anything. It's like the tracker is stuck in a software loop. It always returns to the same date and time when reset. Then it begins a routine of date/time page, to Run or excercise page, turns itself off and on, then does it all over again until the battery dies. Charge it back up, and it just does the same thing. It's clearly sofware or hardware with the tracker.

Problem is not solved. This is showing solved by accident

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @mmckeehan and trying those steps. I updated the thread removing the accepted solution.

Please try resetting your Surge:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.
  4. You can also try to disconnect your Surge from the Fitbit Account and Bluetooth phone then you can add it back.

If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, let me know so I can request a case for you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes