Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge over records miles when running on treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a high end treadmill which I believe is accurate. When I run with my Surge, it over records miles covered ???

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @Ollie78, welcome to the Forums. I'm glad to see you around! Are you recording your run activities using GPS from the Multi-Sport section? Did you log any activity such as walking or running for that day? Where are you seeing this information? Did you compare your Surge's data with any other device? If it's possible for you to reply with a screenshot of your info, that would be very helpful as well. Smiley Embarassed

Have a lovely day! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I'm comparing data from my life fitness treadmill with my surge treadmill setting data, I've only covered about .9 of a mile walking using GPS on the surge. I've just finished a run and my surge has over recorded distance by a mile ! Does the surge need calibrating with a GPS run ? I have quite an efficient running style if this makes a difference ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hope you’re enjoying the forums @Ollie78! Well, that's odd. I would like you to check your online Dashboard on the Fitbit.com website to have a better view of your Activity History, I'm wondering about the information that your Fitbit Surge has being recording. Smiley Frustrated

Once you're in your Dashboard, click on Log > Activity and take a screen shot of your Activity History, at least the recent activities. After checking this we might have to do some changes in your Settings, but let me check first.

I'll be waiting for your response! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 14.10.27.png

Best Answer

Hope you're doing great @Ollie78! Thank you very much for replying with the picture. When you're comparing devices it is difficult to have same readings as your treadmill is taking the information from the band and your Fitbit is taking in count your steps, steps will generate miles depending on your stride lenght for running or walking. Man Happy

Changing your stride lenght for runing or walking might help. Have you check that? To measure your walking stride length:

• Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  • Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  • Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.
  • Your running stride can be calculated the same way if you run instead of walk.

To adjust your stride lengths using the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon in the top right and go to Settings > Personal Info. The stride length fields are in the Body Info section. If you use the Fitbit mobile app, go into the app and turn off Set Automatically under the Stride Length setting. he changes take effect after you sync your tracker.

Let me know if this helps! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes