Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge pause button

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My bottom right button (pause) won't work. I can't pause my gps free run. The pause on the touch screen also won't work. It mistakes it for trying to swipe between the tracking information. Trying to force it to power off & it won't do that either. Also tried placing it on the charger & that did nothing.
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@MichaelAnn A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that the button that pauses the activity on your Surge is unresponsive. I recommend restarting your Surge as advised in Meyin's post. This will refresh your tracker internally.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same issue as MichaelAnn, except a run started and I can't stop it. I am trying to do the reset, but it isn't working either. If that bottom right touchscreen area isn't working do I just need to send my device in for repair?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Nathanbperry. Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. If your tracker's button is not working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button.

If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, I couldn't even start an exercise on my Fit bit surge, today I set it to 'hike' and now I can't pause or stop it.... apparently I've been hiking for 8 hours and 21 minutes so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also tried resetting (holding the left button and bottom right together for 10- 15 seconds), but it doesn't do anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue.  My fit bit pause button after a free run using gps will simply not work.  At times it has been temperamental but now simply wont work and can’t do the hard shut down as suggested.  Very frustrating.  Can any one help please.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ehlunt Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Surge's button stopped working after your running activity. Please follow the workaround that shared my friend Alejandra above. Those are great tips that help to clean your Surge buttons and remove any dust that may be affecting the functionality of your tracker's buttons.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes