Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge poor battery life and cannot switch off All-Day Sync in Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently started using a replacement Surge, after the band failed on the original.

However the replacement seems to have much poorer battery life than my original, even though the original had been used more and you'd expect worse life due to battery age.

In trying to switch things off to conserve battery, I noticed that the All-Day Sync won't switch off in the app. I can apparently switch off All-Day Sync but next time I open the app it's back on again.  (I'm using the Windows 10 app on a laptop as my phone is too primitive.)

If I try a hard reset then the battery life seems a little better, but I don't want to keep hard resetting it (it loses a couple of minutes for one thing).

I wonder if having 2 devices has somehow corrupted something in the app? I've tried a Resetting the app within Windows 10 ( so it erases all my details and I have to log in again) and also removing it from Windows 10 altogether and reinstalling, but it doesn't seem to help. 

The app is version 2.40.1796.0, and my Surge is apparently running version 16.34.6.1 of the firmware.

Any suggestions gratefully received- thanks for your help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome on board @DavidY1234! Sorry to hear about the battery issues you've been having with your Surge. 

I'd recommend taking a look at: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

In regards to the All-Day Sync, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the device. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Surge and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device". Then in Fitbit app, turn on All-day Sync, let it ask to pair, let it pair. 

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your message. I took a look at the battery life article but the only thing on there which I haven't switched off is Quick View - and I'm pretty sure that was left on on my older Surge as well and the battery life was better.

As for Bluetooth - well not content with having a primitive phone, my laptop isn't that great either - the one I use to sync most often doesn't even *have* Bluetooth and I sync with the USB cable. So nothing to Forget/Pair there...

(Although I do have another much slower laptop with Bluetooth which I ended up needing to use to get the Surge's firmware up to date when I first switched on because that process apparently doesn't work over a USB cable for some reason. But that laptop is too slow to use day-to-day so I use the faster laptop and sync by cable, which was never a problem with the old Surge.  I did reset/remove/reinstall the Fitbit app from that slow laptop as well, but it didn't seem to help.)

So I'm no further forward, I'm afraid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @DavidY1234, thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided! I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. 

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes