Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge screen doesn't swipe to another activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my surge screen will not swipe to another activity, reset my surge and cleaned the screen any ideas

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29
Forget it. I’ve already disposed of the watch. Don’t bother to contact me.
Best Answer

still the same will not work. fitbit have gave a 40 % discount on a new watch. I had this watch as a Christmas present just under 3 years ago, the watch cost me £100 a year before it failed. lets hope my new one lasts longer.

Best Answer

I only got offered 25% !!  

But if you paid 300 pounds you must have been gouged at the front end;)

They are on Ebay, new ones, for AU$139, I think that's about 85 pounds in your crazy currency, although a Surge is a bit 2014.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used my Surge since Jan 1 2016. It worked perfectly until June 2018 when the screen swipe stopped working and after applying all the community solutions it remains the same. So I cannot record anything except free runs using the buttons. However it does record steps, pulse, stairs etc on the app.

I have had to replace the strap twice. 

Is there a solution to my swipe problem or is it time to throw the device away, though I won't do it until it stops working completely. 

It is a good product though expensive if one does not live in Europe or the US. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no solution to this problem. you will have to have a new watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks. I thought that was case. I thought that was the case. Fitbit should indicate that their product has a life span of a number of months. Then we would all know what we  are buying. 

Best Answer

Hi @Mikell@Hund@clivem2458 and @Riddler63, nice to have you here.

Sorry you feel that way, as mentioned before we don't want to create frustration to our users as we try to help each one of them. Your feedback is really appreciated, please let me know if I can help with with anything else!

See you around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is not with the Fitbit community but with the manufacturers who
are selling a product which is defective and which they are not being honest
about.
Best Answer

I had about 5 years of punishing use out of mine.  I don’t get that out of most phones, so I’m OK with it. Electronics rarely last forever. Anyway I like my surge so much I just bought a new one on eBay for about USD 105. Works perfectly 😎

Best Answer

Thanks for keep sharing your comments @Mikell. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

@Riddler63 Thanks for the piece of advice, but please always check the list of authorized retailers and the warranty details. Between the authorized retailers list you will find only: eBay (Anaconda, Big W, Bing Lee, Brookstone, Harvey Norman and HRM USA). 

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes