Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge set up and firmware upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I received a replacement for a faulty Surge today. The new Surge won't complete the set up process. Their time around I had to complete a firmware update and then make sure my surge was near a window to complete the set up. The set up fails at this final step. I've reset the tracker and tried again. I also removed the tracker from the app and removed it from the PC Bluetooth list. No joy. I sent a mail to the Fitbit team who were dealing with my original faulty device and I haven't received a reply. I'm pretty angry now since I seem to be spending more time fixing Surges than training. do Fitbit Ctualy test their software before release?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I had a similar problem whenI got my Surge and to fix it, I had to redo the setup on my wife's iPhone. It absolutely would not work with my PC or my Windows Phone. After doing the initial setup on her iPhone, it works fine with my WinPhone, but still doesn't connect to my PC whether I use their dongle or the built-in Bluethooth. (My theory is there is an issue with their software and the PC BT driver, but that's just my guess.) In any event, give that a try. The worst that happens is you waste 10 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes