Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge stuck on the first screen icon

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have followed the instructions to Restart Fitbit but my Surge remains stuck on the first screen.

This is the second time I am facing this issue, previously the restart procedure worked fine 

Using my Surge for 2+ yrs now. Use it for runs, walking and bike ride tracking.

Device for syncing - Windows 10 & Android 8.1 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I solved the issue following the below steps

1) Deleted the Fitbit device from my account

2) Turned off bluetooth on my phone (used for syncing the device)

3) Completely allowed my Fitbit to drain and switch off

4) Charged it and repeated the restart procedure multiple times and got the Fitbit to move past the start screen and into the 

5) Added Surge back to my account and 

6) Device is working but have syncing issues (with bluetooth). Using only the USB mode on my PC to sync now.

Just thought of sharing these steps that worked for me. Not sure if this is a standard procedure 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I don’t know but if you want try resetting your phone, try resetting your surge , try syncing or try in pair and then repair your surge . I don’t fully know because I didn’t have surge good luck trying 🙂

Omlst forgot you could also sign out then sign back. And always good luck

Best Answer

My Surge has recently had issues swiping from side to side. I'm breaking down and getting an Ionic for Fathers Day and retiring my Surge. The Ionic will probably be my last Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi @Dilip_M, it's great to have you here. Welcome! Glad to see you around helping others @1swat1!

Thanks for reporting this @SunsetRunner, you can try the steps that our good friend @1swat1 mentioned above. But as you're also having issues with your band, I got in touch with our team so they can give you a hand with that. Please wait for a follow up email.

@Dilip_M it looks like you really like working out outdoors, which is great to be healthy; keep on doing that great job! Thanks for trying the restart to fix the issue, but I think that it's time to support to step in. I noticed that they already have a case open for this, so please keep an eye on your email inbox. 

Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit, still have not received an email from support. 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner thanks for getting back. I already checked what happened with your case, sorry for the time this is taking. You will hear from them in short time.

Thanks for your understanding 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I solved the issue following the below steps

1) Deleted the Fitbit device from my account

2) Turned off bluetooth on my phone (used for syncing the device)

3) Completely allowed my Fitbit to drain and switch off

4) Charged it and repeated the restart procedure multiple times and got the Fitbit to move past the start screen and into the 

5) Added Surge back to my account and 

6) Device is working but have syncing issues (with bluetooth). Using only the USB mode on my PC to sync now.

Just thought of sharing these steps that worked for me. Not sure if this is a standard procedure 

Best Answer

Hi there @Dilip_M, actually it has worked for other users. Thanks for confirming that these steps have worked for you!

I don't know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Question for runners or Do you have to run to be fit?

See you around.

Best Answer

hi Guys

I tried this and could not get the face to swipe except to run

Maybe there is another option I can try to get it to exercise and use for biking

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes