Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge will not restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Moring all,

Happy New Year!

Like most folks my Surge is no great but its the 1st January and I want to exercise but yet again I cannot swipe to my exercises.

However I can no longer restart it? I tried holding down the buttons and for at least 15 seconds..the screen dims but on letting go nothing..I have tried holding for longer, holding all 3 buttons but the **ahem** thing will not restart!

Other than letting the battery drain I don't know what else to do? Any tips?

Thanks!

Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Picklepea if i understand, with holding the button then letting go,  in about 30 seconds the screen dims. At this time the Surge should be off.

Pressing any button should cause the Surge to boot up, and display the Fitbit Logo.

Your sating the Surge turns on workout displaying the logo? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich_Laue

The screen dims but the face/clock remains..it never fully turns off..

I wait for a good while after each turn of trying to restart to see if there is a delay in restarting but the clock face remains and nothing changes..the watch simply will not turn off..

Its very odd 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Picklepea are you trying to restart the Surge or to turn it off.

To turn it off press the left button then scroll to settings. Click the lower right button, and scroll to Shutdown. Select and confirm with the lower right.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ha!
See my first post...scrolling or swiping isn't working! That's why restarting is required 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Then it is time to Contact Fitbit, they can use their tools to look inside your tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems so 😞

Thanks so much your help though :)! HNY!
Best Answer
0 Votes