Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wrist band slot has torn off- How do i get a replacement under warranty

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

One of the slots on the watch strap has torn off  . The slot that I use to wear the watch above my wrist. This happened about a month back. This has happened from only normal use. It has probably been only a year since I bought the FitBit here in Australia. Does anyone know if there is any formal procedure to get Fitbit to replace the strap under warranty. I don't have the receipt. 

Regards,

A.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The warranty only runs for 12 months from purchase so hopefully you will still be covered. They won't replace just the strap though they'll have to replace the entire fitbit as the straps weren't designed to be replaced on the Surge.

The first step for any warranty claim is to contact customer support via contact.fitbit.com

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

The warranty only runs for 12 months from purchase so hopefully you will still be covered. They won't replace just the strap though they'll have to replace the entire fitbit as the straps weren't designed to be replaced on the Surge.

The first step for any warranty claim is to contact customer support via contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Fitbit won't fix your surge they have discontinued the surge. If you have had it less than 1 year they will replace it. There are non fitbit replacement bands on eBay and videos on you tube that explain how to change them. You could contract support and they should be able to see when you activated the device and if it is still within warranty. Unfortunately if you read these forums you will find the band's are a problem for many. Good luck !

Best Answer