Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wristband torn

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Extremely disappointed with Fitbit atm. I bought a Surge a little over a year ago and the band started tearing on the back where the small screws are. They were very nice that time around and gladly sent me a replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement they sent didn't even last a year, I've had it for 3 months and the front is tearing by the face of the watch. I contacted Fitbit support again and they told me they weren't able to give me a replacement, but they would offer me 25% off any other watch...LOL

I've had multiple friends who've had the Surge and Fitbit offered them many replacements. I understand that constantly sending replacements isn't what the company would like to be doing, but stop making a watch that keeps ripping in the same spots, or go back to the drawing board and figure out of the design of it. 

I'm HIGHLY disappointed. Not everyone can afford to buy a brand new watch every year, especially not when they pay almost $400.00 for a watch that's expected to last a while. AND even if I could afford to buy a brand new watch every year...25% barely saves you the tax in Canada. 

Now, I'm left with a broken watch that I paid a pretty penny for and I'm going to have to SUPER GLUE it. Fitbit, I was very loyal to you. I loved my Surge. I wear my tracker all day, every day. I am a competitive athlete and trainer and I need a good watch. I will definitely be shopping elsewhere from now on. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@SunsetRunner. I feel you. I've had three fail in 19 months (not for the band. Yet) But if you don't want to Super Glue the band, Amazon sells aftermarket replacements that come with the required torx driver. YouTube has "How to" videos (as the Bluetooth antenna is in the buckle side of the band). Best of luck!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Amazing. Thank you so much for the information. Better then what Fitbit has provided me Woman Frustrated I will definitely head to amazon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes