Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swipe and action Button doesn't work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit Support, 

Due to a sports fall, the Action Button (right top) of the fitbit looks partially jammed. And I am guessing, this is affecting the menu swipe actions. For instance, I goto the RUN menu with a Home Button (Left Middle) press, it does not allow me to swipe left or right to move to the other menus. Is there a way to fix this problem ?

Thanks, 

RPD

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @rprasad, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. Have you tried the restart: 

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart we will have to check the options with support.

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit surge does not swipe ... tried restart method but did not work

Best Answer

Same here. 😞

I've tried it about 5 times and still nothing. I guess I'll have to email support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I tried the rebooting method too...Also talked to tech but said if that method did not work...and warranty one year had expired...time to replace my surge model and they would give discount 25 or 40 percent depending on model chosen. It is a bummer as I can get info on my phone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had contacted the support and got the following reply: 

Thanks for trying to do several restarts on the device to troubleshoot before contacting us. At this time, we do not have service centers where trackers could be sent in for checking or repairs.

If we may verify, is it only the touch feature which is not working? When you press the button, does it scroll to the next screen without issue? If you are able to go to Settings through pressing the button, select Shut down to turn the device off. Press the left button to turn it back on. If this does not work, we suggest setting up the tracker as a new device.

- Open the Fitbit app > Account.
- Setup a device > Select Surge. If prompted, choose replace.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to continue and complete setup.

We hope this resolves the issue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

My tracker warranty has expired 365. But I think, I can get the Run --> Free Run option working. It still syncs all the data as expected. But that's the only feature I could use my surge for now. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll give this a try. Thanks for this. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Good Luck Shed, let us know if it works for you . 

Best Answer

Hi @rprasad@Shed and @patty309. Thanks for reaching out and trying the suggested steps.

@rprasad thanks fa million for the help. Sorry that you didn't get the option to get a replacement but thanks again for sharing this workaround. 

@Shed and @patty309 I've noticed that you've already got in touch with our support team, thanks for that. They will give you all the details about your Fitbit warranty and future options. Rest assure I'll pass along the feedback, your voice is being heard. Fitbit is always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It finally came back to life yesterday. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Shed, thanks for the heads up! I'm glad to know that your Fitbit is working now! In case that you need anything else, please let me know.

I'll be around. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes