Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems in 3 Fitbit surges - July 2015 through March 2016

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the synching problem  in three Fitbit Surges . I purchased one in July 2015 from Amazon in India. Really helped meeting goals till Sept 2015 when it failed to synch completely. Got a replacement . That worked till Nov 2015 when it too failed. Got a replacement that was working till March 20th 2016. It stopped yesterday !.  My son purchased one in Singapore that apparently has been working with out problem ( he does not synch the watch with the iPhone as often as I do, if that matters).

I think Fitbit Surge has a production quality problem with synching over bluetooth. 

I have reported this to Fitbit support. I dont know what resolution they would offer me. 

I am quite fed up even though I cannot fault the immense value this watch gave me in progressively stretching my goals day by day. 

I am posting this in multiple threads hoping I can get some permanent resolutions after spending close to $300 in India for this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @ravichso! Thank you for taking your time and sharing this information with us. I highly recommend contacting Support and provide them all the details about your issue, I'm pretty sure they'll take care of your issue. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are sending me the 4th Fitbit Surge in 9 months. But my questions remain unanswered :
What did you do to understand the root cause ? Can you provide me the information? What assurance is there this will not recur ?
Is there any sweat ingestion through the buttons interfering with electronics ?
Is there any commonality in the batch of Fitbits sent to me ( same month and year and origin from the boxes )?
Irrespective of the warranty policy , what is the expected lifetime for Fitbit Surge for typical usage and conditions ( typical of fitness enthusiasts) ?

I would truly appreciate some responses to these questions .
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Fourth Fitbit ( a dubious record I guess) in 9 months and am back to using Fitbit Surge. 

This one seems to be a different batch (2015 manufacture ) . The three previous ones were from a specific 2014 batch. May be the fourth would prove lucky.

I did not get a satisfactory answer to the questions above on the expected life or Fitbit Surge. They said "With regards to the expected life span of Surge trackers, there is actually no expected life span for Fitbit tracker as it depends on the user's usage and the environment that you're going to be using it at".  That defies comprehension. If you have a million Fitbit surges in operation , and each one is either working still or dead, so you can mathemtically compute  an average of the aggregated life for all these (say XX months( and then you can say - we kow the Fitbit Surge life exceeds  XX based on data. 

I could not understand how there is no expected life for Surge !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must however record my appreciation and sympathy for the Tech Support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes