Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and call messages from Huawei p9 to fitbit surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Can´t get messages from Huawei P9 til fitbit surge. What to do?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @tlm1972! Thanks for getting back. Not so sure about if it's gonna happen soon, in this moment we don't have more information in regards when the list will be updated, but stay tuned! We usually have information posted in the Community. Remember that you have the option to use a computer or any other compatible device in the meantime. You will find information on how to connect in a computer in this master postSmiley Wink

Let me know if you need anything else! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for stopping by guys @tlm1972! Welcome to the Forums. Thanks @SunsetRunner for jumping in! I've checked that model in the list of Supported Devices, but Huawei P9 is not listed. You can try these steps, to see if this is able to connect, but since some devices don't meet all the requirements to connect properly with Fitbit, we cann't assure some features like Notifications, Setup or Syncing will work flawless. Smiley Frustrated

As a friendly tip, check that you're phone is running the latest update, it might hep too! Woman Wink

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂

It seems that Huawei P9 isn´t supported, according to the list. Some of the other Huawei phones are supported.

I just got this phone (used to use iphones) and didn´t check if this one was supported. I really hope it will be supported soon, but maby someone knows if it´s gonna happend?

Best Answer

Hi @tlm1972! Thanks for getting back. Not so sure about if it's gonna happen soon, in this moment we don't have more information in regards when the list will be updated, but stay tuned! We usually have information posted in the Community. Remember that you have the option to use a computer or any other compatible device in the meantime. You will find information on how to connect in a computer in this master postSmiley Wink

Let me know if you need anything else! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

Hi Yojana,

Another P9 user cranky at finding my Blaze won't get notifications from my phone.  I have noticed a lot of moderators saying that connecting to a PC or another device is the accepted solution to this issue. How about making it clear on the packaging that not all phones are supported so a better buying choice can be made.  Do you really think shelling another $500 to $1000 (yeah... I pay the Australia tax) is an acceptable solution?   And I don't see how connecting to a PC is going to fix my notifications from my phone issue. I realise you are a moderator and probably a volunteer doing the best job you can, but could you please use whatever influence you have to make these clowns understand that this issue is really upsetting people. I have been looking at posts from January where this is a problem.  It's nearly June and nothing seems to have been done.  Unless something changes soon, this will be the last Fitbit device I ever buy.

Best Answer

Hi @scottydblaze! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Very Happy

Thanks for placing your comments here, sorry for the inconvenience with your Blaze. When a phone is not a compatible device with Fitbit, there are some permissions and requirements that are missing to have a good connectivity for all features. I think that the suggestion that they are proving you was to solve a different inquiry, since connecting from a computer could help to update the firmware or sync with your tracker, but not with notifications as you mentioned too.

Fitbit is always looking forward to improve products and services, our engineering team is still working on the Fitbit platform to make it compatible with this and other phones that are not compatible yet. I really appreciate your patience in all this regards. It'll be a matter of time so my best advice is stay tuned to possible updates. Are you currently able to use your Blaze and sync? If not, let us know so we can help you further! Cat Wink

About the question in regards to the packaging, you will see the information in one side of the Fitbit package. (see attach picture) 

compatibility 3.JPG

Have a great day and please don't loose your motivation, keep walking! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes