Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit Activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to edit a Run activity on the fitbit.com dashboard to reflect Cross Country skiing. The "pencil" is not visible on any Runs that have GPS data. Is this a bug? The pencil is visible on other activities (even other Run activities that do not have GPS data) but the pencil is not visible on activities that have GPS data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @FLN , if it was tracked as a "run" from your Surge, then in program terms it has already been "categorized".  Currently the way the system is designed is that you can only categorize once.  Effectively this means that only activites that are synced to your dashboard as "workout" appear with the pencil and renaming capability.  At this point your only option is to make a note of the start and end time, then delete the activity and re-enter manually.

If you would like the ability to edit exercises more comprehensively, I would suggest voting for this feature request: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Have-the-Ability-To-Edit-Exercises/idi-p/574994 .  The more votes it receives, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G - thanks for the info. If I select an uncategorized activity (i.e., exercise), can I still have the GPS enabled? From what I could tell (of course the wind chill was zero degrees and I was fumbling with the controls...) RUN was the only activity that had GPS enabled. I've noticed lots of posts and requests for cross country skiing. This would be a welcome addition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can allow turn on GPS for "run", "walk", "bike", "hike" or "golf".  If there is one of these activities that you don't ever do you could (mentally) designate that as cross country skiing, so whenever you synced "hike" say you would know it was always really skiing.  I know it seems a crazy work around when instead it would make sense to let users rename their actvities...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer