Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair surge device to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my device is compatible as I have checked the list. I have my surge for more than 2 years and I have never had this problem before. I could not sync my surge to my phone then i reinstalled the app and it worked fine. the next day the same problem started so i decided to unpair my surge from my phone and then when i tried to repair it keeps saying surge is rejecting pair. Then i reinstalled the application again and i am still having this issue. Is my surge at its expiry date?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hopefully your Surge has some life left in it.

Try restarting your phone and then restart the Surge by:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

You could also try forgetting / removing any link to the Surge in your phone's bluetooth settings.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are in your phones Bluetooth trying to manualy pair the Surge, yes the Surge will reject this pairing. Pairing if the tracker can only be done by the Fitbit app. 

Since you removed the tracker from your Fitbit account, we need to setup the tracker as if you bought it this morning. 

All setup must be done by using the Add device command found in the Fitbit App. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thank you so much, this has worked for me.

--
Shana
Best Answer
0 Votes