Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Blue light on my Surge?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

please help me

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Rishikesh, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. The blue light is usually related to firmware updates. For this unusual behavior with their Surge's LED, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure you've fully updated your tracker to the latest available firmware.

2. Restart your Surge by holding down the left and bottom-right buttons.

3. Manually sync your device via Fitbit Connect or the Fitbit Mobile App.

If this doesn't work please let me know.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Rishikesh, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. The blue light is usually related to firmware updates. For this unusual behavior with their Surge's LED, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure you've fully updated your tracker to the latest available firmware.

2. Restart your Surge by holding down the left and bottom-right buttons.

3. Manually sync your device via Fitbit Connect or the Fitbit Mobile App.

If this doesn't work please let me know.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could this light @Rishikesh be in the corner of the display on the front of the tracker. and only visible when light hits it in the right direction? If so I think your seeing the ambient light sensor .

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue thanks a million for sharing your input. I'd be great if we can see a picture of your Fitbit Surge @Rishikesh, thanks in advance. See you around.

Best Answer

Can anyone help? My Surge has been like this for a while now. I can’t seem to get rid of it. Tried resetting and updating app. None of these worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can any one help with this blue light? I turned off my Fitbit surge and the blue point light is still on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

06A3DF42-AE35-4914-BA2B-DB37C894974D.jpeg

Here is my Fitbit surge with a blue dot light on. Anyone can help with this? Thx!

Best Answer

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wlumsden0001 Red light means circuitry likely damaged. Blue light usually means firmware issues. Reset your tracker and make sure the firmware is updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a blue LED lit on my Surge.  I have verified that I have the latest firmware, reset by holding down the left and lower right buttons, and I've synced but the blue light is still on.  My phone is set to allow Fitbit to run in the background.  How can I get the blue light to shut off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has had the blue light on solid for a couple of months now. Started when syncing to a new device. Now does not go away no matter what. It runs the battery down in a day. Something wrong with the syncing software in the apps triggered it. New syncing rendering surges defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes