cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Notifications

SOLVED

I could receive WhatsApp on my surge. I have a Phone with Android. However i switched yesterday to an iphone. Is it possible to receive WhatsApp troug a iPhone or windowsphone?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Accepted Solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @WhatsApp welcome to the Fitbit Community, It's nice to have you here! 

I'd like to share with you this article, that will show you the trick to receive the text notifications under your Fitbit Surge from the iPhone. It also has some other helpful information for you to manage your notifications. 

Please let me know if you have any other inquiry. I'll be glad to assist you. Cat Happy

Isai | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my answer helpful? Vote for it and mark it as a solution. It motivates me to keep posting Smiley Happy.

Accepted Solution
80 REPLIES

I'd like to share with you this article, that will show you the trick to receive the text notifications under your Fitbit Surge from the iPhone. It also has some other helpful information for you to manage your notifications. 

Please let me know if you have any other inquiry. I'll be glad to assist you. Cat Happy

Isai | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my answer helpful? Vote for it and mark it as a solution. It motivates me to keep posting Smiley Happy.

Accepted Solution

Hi IsaiFitbit,

I Do get call notification on my iPhone, but im not receiving text notifications.
I really would like te recieve WhatsApp notifications, but i cant seem te get it to work.

i followed your suggested link, and followed the instructions but i does not work.

can you assist me in any way?

Accepted Solution

@MPD Call and text notifications should work pretty similarly to eachother.

You should receive SMS with ease, but Whatsapp hasn't been optimized for iOS yet in the way that it has for Android. I hope we can change that in the future; a lot of my family is international.

Emerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Accepted Solution

Thank you for your swift reaction.

SMS notification is working meanwhile.

i'll just have to wait for the whatssApp solution for ios then.

i hope it wil be rather sooner then later ;-p

Accepted Solution

One can hope! I sure hope this happens in the near future. Robot Happy

Glad I could help, @MPD!

Accepted Solution
Dear reader,

It's not possible with the iPhone to recieve text notifications.

Kind regards

Desiree
Accepted Solution

Does the fitbit surge recieve facebook message notifications or is it only text and call?

Accepted Solution
I don't recieve fb massages. Only WhatsApp, text en calo notifications. Kind regards
Accepted Solution

The Surge doesn't have the capability to display Facebook messages, but maybe in the future! I'd recommend adding your vote/comment to this Feature Request about getting different notifications to your phone.

Accepted Solution

This is ridiculous! The Surge has been in the market for a while and the promise of Whatsapp and FB notification as well. Please do something about it!

Accepted Solution

IsaiFitbit wrote:

Hi Isai can you share with me the article you mentioned [ connecting to whatsapp]  it seems the article no longer available online.

Thanks!  

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I'm new to Fitbit Blaze. Saw a number of postings regards to WhatsApp notification not able to get notify when using iPhoneSmiley Sad

Is that true or are there any setting that we can perform in order to get notification on the Blaze?

If it's not compatible, will Fitbit gonna to add this feature into Blaze during the next update as WhatsApp is really a common app for messaging.

Moderator edit: Format 

Accepted Solution

I bought Fibit Surge for a few months.  Up till now, I still cannot receive Whatsapp notification from my iPhone.  If this cannot be addressed, I will give up.....change to iWatch 2 once available.

Accepted Solution

How do you erase your whatsapp notifications? and my surge doesn't let me swipe left to read the other msgs. 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
Impossible!!! 150€ fitbit charge hr and NO whatsapp notification.... I'M LOOKING FOR SAMSUNG GEAR 2 if this crazy fitbit philosophy don't change
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone! Good to see you around!

@saiful, you can take a look at this video on how to set up your notifications on your tracker. I'm pretty sure you'll find it helpful. Click here to see the video.

@DennisDionysuis @adivor,  there is a feature request for this to be possible. It seems that it has already been reviewed by a moderator and it has quite a big number of votes so I'd say our team will be looking in to it and hopefully make it a thing soon.

@acoisa, Notifications will go away from your tracker after 24 hrs.

Anything else you may need, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

still not working for IOS in text notificaiton?

It seems i was cheated by the advertisement. 

Accepted Solution

Hi there @JLCW. Welcome to the Community!

Text messages notifications work on iOS. Just make sure that once you've set up your tracker, you tap on the tracker tile on the app and go to the Notifications section and turn them on. For iOS you will currently be able to receive call, text and calendar notifications.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
When will whatsapp be ready for the blaze? This is a big deciding factor for me
Accepted Solution