Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When ever I put my Fitbit Surge in Pair Mode it shows the Logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit

Greetings

When ever I put When ever I put my Fitbit Surge in Pair Made it shows the Fitbit Logo for 5 Minutes

Thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Tanxv8080 I'd like to try and help you but could you please first explain how one puts a Surge in "pair mode"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pair mode is used to connect Bluetooth Classic so that the music controls to the phone so the user is able to remotely control the phones music player. 

For syncing this is not needed. 

Best Answer

It happens to me too. To be more spesific, in my surge bluetooth classic setting it shows "ON" there is no option too turn it "OFF". The other option that is available is "PAIR", but when I choose PAIR the surge is always REBOOT by itself. And I also have problems with syncronizing the Surge with my phone, after the latest update (34.6.1) I cannot sync with my phone again, the only way to sync is by using PC (Connecting to Fitbit App on Windows 10 using its data cable), one other problem that occurs after the update are the battery life is getting worst... I hope there is a fix for this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vTro7an that's odd, you should have all 3 options (pair, on, off) but these, as @Rich_Laue mentioned previously are for controlling music, I've never had to turn on "pair" to actually connect a Surge. Although newer Fitbits benefit from pairing to the device's Bluetooth, with older models, I've never seen a difference, meaning I can connect a Surge to the app with or without adding it to my Samsung Galaxy's Bluetooth devices. The battery life can be improved by reducing sync frequencies and turning off the display backlight, turning heartrate to auto, turning notifications off, etc. Eventually, though, these batteries that were rated for 3 years will die. I'm happy to walk you through replacing the battery if you're comfortable doing so. The battery can impact other parts of the Surge functionality from heartrate to screen swipes. Can you share more about syncing through the data cable? I've worked on hundreds of Fitbit Surges and haven't ever synced using the cable, only Bluetooth.

Old Dead Puffy Surge BatteryOld Dead Puffy Surge Battery

New replacement Surge batteryNew replacement Surge battery

Walking my cat cuz I need stepsWalking my cat cuz I need steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @vTro7an as mentioned, the VT Classic is only used to control music playback, and remote shutter release on the phone. 

As for your sync issue, this has nothing to do with the BT Classic. 

I suggest Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Also please clear the phones Cache. 

@Williger users should not be able to pair the basic tracker to the phones Bluetooth. These are BT Low Energy devices requiring the Fitbit app to manage this connection. 

You are right in that a tracker dies not need to be paired to Bluetooth in order to sync. 

Notifications, the weather app, connected Bluetooth along with any communication that is not a sync, will require the tracker to be paired to the phones BT. 

I'm not aware that the Sense can sync through a cable, I believe the Ionic is the only model that can. 

Best Answer