Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get Surge bluetooth antenna replacement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The thing is my strap band was broken then I bought a replacement band which not include bluetooth antenna but while I was replacing my band somehow I lost the antenna which is the one suppose to fit in this place  http://bit.ly/2rLlPp3 ,   I did not find it then I thought I might buy one antenna replacement on ebay or amazon but neither I succeed to find one, therefore I wonder if can I buy one replacement direct with fitbit?

Also I wonder if can I update my surge data into my fitbit account via cable if I decide assemble the strap bands without the bluetooth antenna?

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

If it's still available I can send you a prepaid package for mailing. 

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

That thin piece of flex circuitry has nothing to do with Bluetooth. It's actually a NFC tag to automatically launch the fitbit app for phones with NFC capabilities. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seriously?!?!? So I can put mine back together and it will work?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, or if you want I will gladly sell you the one out of mine for $10 🤑

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol. Thanks I will keep you in mind.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lgiorgio24wrote:

That thin piece of flex circuitry has nothing to do with Bluetooth. It's actually a NFC tag to automatically launch the fitbit app for phones with NFC capabilities. 

I was told it was used to get the GPS signal, so no antenna no GPS?

to my knowledge the Surge doesn't have any NFC capability?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I pay you? PayPal? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CardiganWearerwrote:

@lgiorgio24wrote:

I was told it was used to get the GPS signal, so no antenna no GPS?

to my knowledge the Surge doesn't have any NFC capability?

It has nothing to do with the GPS either. The GPS module is located on the opposite side of the device.

The Fitbit flex wich doesn't have GPS capabilities has the exact same NFC tag inside. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Fitbit+Flex+Teardown/16050fitbit flex teardown.jpg

Here is a screenshot out of the Fitbit Flex product manual. That describes how to use the NFC function.

fitbit flex manual.jpg

For some reason the manual for the Surge is missing that information. Most likely it was an oversight. If I get some time, I will make a video of how this NFC tag works on my old Samsung S7.     

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Birkslwrote:

How can I pay you? PayPal? 

PM me your PayPal email address and I can invoice you using PayPal G&S. But you might want to take a look at my post above ^. Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lgiorgio24

well, the same website you linked to for the Flex says it is a GPS antenna?

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Fitbit+Surge+GPS+Replacement/73777

and this article says there is a bluetooth antenna in the opposite band:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/FitBit+Surge+Teardown/42344

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CardiganWearerwrote:

@lgiorgio24

well, the same website you linked to for the Flex says it is a GPS antenna?

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Fitbit+Surge+GPS+Replacement/73777

and this article says there is a bluetooth antenna in the opposite band:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/FitBit+Surge+Teardown/42344

I am well aware of what ifixit claims that that thin circuitry is. I have removed it from the watch and verified that it is a NFC tag. I’m not on here to argue with you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
FYI
I just put my husband’s Fitbit surge back together—without the “antenna”. It read the floors taken, BP, steps, etc without any issues. The missing flexible piece had no negative impact on the Fitbit surge. For everyone that has been in search of this “antenna” please don’t throw your ways, it was a useless piece on this. Put the new band on a continue to enjoy your Fitbit Surge:) What a time waster!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! Thanks for your participation on this thread. Smiley Happy

I'd like to clarify that Fitbit doesn't have third party vendors that sell just parts of the trackers. You can visit the Authorized retailer list or our Fitbit store for more information about sales. Now, if you're having issues with your Fitbit tracker is best to get the Fitbit warranty information first. You can let me know so I can request a new case for you.

Happy stepping!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Birkslgood news then. can you confirm that GPS is working also?

@lgiorgio24I wasn't arguing, I was just pointing out what others had said. I don't have an opinion on the matter - just trying to find out what is required when I have to do the inevitable strap replacement on my Surge. You are the only one I have read where the strip is for NFC - and I have no reason to doubt you. All the others I have read have either not mentioned what is in the strap, said it is for GPS, or in the case of fixit said there is one in each strap - one bluetooth and one GPS. It is a shame fb themselves can't be more enlightening aside from the usual useless waffle they post.

Best Answer

I was in the position.  I just put mine back together without it. I was able to get a GPS lock, inside my house just standing near a window. 

Best Answer
It all works
Best Answer

Hi @CardiganWearer@MGreenwood and @Birksl, thanks for getting back to the thread! If you have time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi just wondering if anyone have a used or broken Fitbit surge with a working antenna ? 

Best Answer

Do you still have your surge strap with the antenna?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it is not. You do not need this to work. It is my husbands and it works fantastic. It is not an antenna...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer