Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing, not restarting and button is failing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently returned from a 6 week expedition in the Yukon. During the expedition the battery ran down. Since then the watch wont sync with either of my android devices. It wont reset the time or record my steps. 

It didn't get submerged or knocked etc. I have done a hard reset and tried to sync using my desktop computer now that im back home, to no avail. 

Im pretty peed off that it doesn't seem to be working. This is my second watch ( the other was a strap issue) and it worked fine up to a few weeks ago. I have noticed though that the left button can be a bit unpredictable when trying to set exercise

i love using the surge and it suits what i do, but this is really vexing me

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey hey @Nicked999! Welcome back, hope you've enjoyed your time in Yukon, lucky you! Smiley Very HappyHeart

Thanks for the details about what happen with your Fitbit! Sorry to hear that! Why don't you try to reconnect it with your account. I think that you can try a couple of restarts on your Surge, sometimes doing it one time doesn't give the results we're looking for! Once it starts syncing we can check how is the button working.  What's the model of phone you're using?

Please keep me posted! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
I've tried the restarts, but the left button is playing up as well,
intermittent activation on it.
Also battery life is less than 24 hrs where before it lasted a few days at
least.
Phone and tablet wise I'm using a Sony xz phone and Lenovo yoga tab pro,
both android devices and having sync issues on both.
I love using my fitbit as I'm a bit of a stats fiend when I'm exercising
but I'm getting more and more annoyed with the surge. I have seen the ionic
and that looks like it has everything we have been asking for on the
community for ages.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Nicked999! I really appreciate the steps you've tried and the details in your previous post. Cat Happy

As I suspected this specific model of the Sony Xperia family and Android tab are not in the list of compatible devices with Fitbit. That means that you have the option download the Fitbit App, but Fitbit can not assure that all the features will work flawless because the device is not totally compatible. Smiley Embarassed

Xperia not compatible.png

Same thing happened to me, I have a phone that is very recent so is not in the list either. I've been having syncing issues for a while so what I tried was to "Force quit" the Fitbit App, double checked that Location and Permission are "ON" in the Settings on the phone, as it should be shown as "Allowed". I noticed that my tracker syncs every time I do that. It syncs for call and text notifications too. But you'll have to try, as for better practices it's best to sync with a compatible device or computer.

Also check these tips to improve your Surge battery life and verify that your phone and Fitbit are up to date please. I'm very interested in helping you with this. Please keep me posted, since Ionic needs also a compatible device or computer to connect! Woman Wink

Give it a shot and let me know if that works! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Done all that and still only getting a day out of it. It worked fine before
I went to Canada. Since then it's playing up. Maybe the heat got it

Regards

Nick
Best Answer

Thanks for confirming this information @Nicked999! Not sure what is happening. Are you getting an specif message when trying to connect. Fitbit Surge  can take -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C), so maybe wasn't the heat, have you tried to connect with a different device or computer?

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes