Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condensation in my surge, but was told this is not covered under warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i noticed condensation in my surge screen and reported to fitbit about it after reading forums on this community. however, the reply that i got was quite disappointing. 

'Hello Jaclyn,

Thanks for reaching us back to provide us with your country of residence as previously requested.

Based on our Warranty Policy, the water condensation damage in your Surge is not covered. Should you decide to purchase another fitness tracker, we hope you'll consider our Fitbit online store: https://www.fitbit.com/store

Contact us back if you encounter future questions, concerns, or feedback. Have yourself a great day. '

since when condensation is not covered?  why is it that they give replacement for those who complained of water condensation. why is there a double-standard policy here???

IMG_3782.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

There is a policy in place and you can find it at www.fitbit.com/returns

If customer support do more than is required by this policy this is on a case by case basis and we can't assume that we will get any more than the policy entitles us to.

I guess the problem you have had with your Surge is the policy doesn't cover accidental damage and customer support must have thought that you got the Surge wet to cause this issue. If you don't think you have got it wet then I would get back to them and put your case again. We can sympathise with you in the community but only customer support can do something about your problem.

Best Answer

I definitely did not get it wet. Customer support did not even ask me. They only ask me country of residence 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then I think you have a good reason to go back to them and explain that.

Best Answer

I had the same problem after 30 days, caused presumably because I sweat a lot, etc. and they sent me a new Surge without a problem.

Does anyone know how to remove humidity/fog from a Surge once its there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it is there, the watch is defective. There is no way moisture should get inside a Surge unless a seal is broken. Get it replaced under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is disgraceful - someone is lying to you, since Fitbit should replace the watch under warranty, as it is clearly defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As long as you are still under warranty, in my personal experience Fitbit has been good about replacing for the condensation problems (I had 2 replacements related to condensation:  one due to a bad seal and another related to the tearing band defect).  

If you are under warranty, you probably just got a clueless customer service rep.  I would try calling and see if you can address the issue with a live rep.  That way, if you again get a negative response you can move up the customer rep chain real time.  

I had positive experience with the call center as long as you call at an off time so you're not on hold forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you. It's a disgrace. 

They replied me saying it was a misunderstanding and have proceeded with the replacement. I have to say that I am disappointed with the way they replied initially.  Nothing asked but Just rejected me flat on the warranty and assumed that it was user damage. 

The surge seal is inconsistent as I have seen many complaints in this forum on condensation 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you got it sorted in the end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im going on replacement #4 for the same issue.

Did 4 days  of 20k+ steps while training in so California in 90+ heat and now FitBit Surge is FogBit surge.

Its working but the screen is unreadable this time. Not even bothering to swipe or use any features as... well I cannot see anything.

I moved from the Garmin Vivo HR to the surge.... still have the Vivo....

Lets see how this plays out...

Best Answer
0 Votes

having same problem  support told me to send it back and they will evaluate.  

Best Answer
0 Votes