Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracking under the screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a problem with my surge, there is cracking under the screen, the top glass appears unaffected, and my touch screen no longer works either, stuck on clock screen...20170407_065307.jpg20170407_065503.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

If it is still under warranty, I would contact support.

Best Answer
Far outside warranty...I've gotten good use out of it and wouldn't be difficult to buy another save for this "defect" which makes it useless...and no real indication of what caused it...

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwisatz, I would not say that this is a common problem, so worry that it would happen again shouldn't put you off replacing it if it is a model that you otherwise find suits you.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I'm so glad to see your post.....mine has recently done the same thing. Of course it's past the warranty period: I've worn it daily for nearly two years. 

I want to know why it happened before buying another one, and/or what the buy-back opportunity is for this one, since it appears to be faulty. Surely we're not expected to have to buy a new fitbit every two years or so?

Please advise as to a reason and a solution....

Best Answer
0 Votes

These are the only 2 instances that I have seen of this. I would not say this is a common occurrence.

Best Answer

Me too.  I have followed this forum for at least 18 months and have only seen these two instances.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I wonder if we could send ours in so someone can try to figure out why it happened. I get that it's not a big deal.....to those it didn't happen to. But I won't be able to keep buying them every other year...........

Best Answer
0 Votes