Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit surge fb501bkl battery drains fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased this first version of the surge model FB501 in 2015. It used lost for few days with one overnight charge. Currently on firmware version 16.34.6.1. Since last few months observing that charge lost only 6-7 hours for the day. It is forcing me to charge 3 times in a day. For my evening run, i have to charge it for at least 90 mins before start using and will again lost for 6-7 hours and i can't make use of this for my resting heart and sleep monitoring at all. Has anyone else facing the same problem and found a solution. If yes, appreciate your help in advance. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

3 years is a good long run. Might be at end of life. But try these steps and see if it helps.

Mine is doing the same and quite frankly I want it to die so I can get something newer Smiley Very Happy

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wendy - thanks for taking your time to review my questions and invaluable inputs. Truly appreciated. 

As a matter of fact, i had taken take care of the instructions you suggested in your reply before posting my concerns in this forum. 

I want to share my observation with a probable reason why battery is draining out faster than what fitbit claims. It all started from the time when i upgraded to the firmware 16.34.6.1. Prior to this it used to lost longer upon a single charge. Based on my observation, I'm forced to speculate fitbit may also following the footsteps of apple where in new iOS version firmware updates upon installation slowing down the old devices as well as battery is draining out quickly. This could be a strategy to force the user to change their mind to buy in the new devices. It is just my analysis. 

Best Answer
0 Votes