Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find out the previous owner contact details for a device?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I found this device at a carnival with broken wrist band (guess that's how it must have fallen off its owner's write). I tried to look through it for any owner contact details, but couldn't find any.

So I have created this new account on fitbit site, experimenting to find out how we might add our personal contact to this new device we associate to our account here. But I sitll can't find nowhere to input my number anywhere on the device.

Is there any way to know or contact a device's previous owner?

Any tip here is much appreciated!

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

what wouldn't fitbit allow a user/owner to enter their own contact like phone number somewhere into the device? so any other people picking up hte lost device can know who to contact for its owner? sounds so very simple a feature to add in to a fitbit device, doesnt it?

Best Answer

i feel just as frustrated as whoever its owner is might do right now... imagining i lose one myself and would be hoping whoever picked it up would try to get in touch.

Best Answer

Hi there @xman2016, welcome aboard to our Community. I'm glad you have found the lost tracker and I really appreciate your intention to return it to the original owner.

Note that the information of the owner is not available with the intention to protect the privacy of the user, however I know there is a program that can help you to return the device, although is not available in all regions, but for more information please approach to our Customer support Team so they can help you with this.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I've found a device at Oxford city football grounds car park last Sunday, I've contacted Fitbit and they seem not to have a uk base and they suggest t I take it to a recycling centre, this guys are  multi million company and there is no customer service for anyone who pay so iver the odds for gadgets like these? I see there anyone out there. Who's can help

me out? Thanks!

Best Answer

Well surprise surprise, after a couple of days from my post,I haven't had any news! Not what I would call Good customer service for a gadget which first come cheap! Disappointing to say the list and I think more people out there should know about this! I don't want this gadget, and i haven oaid over the odds forit! I like it so owner to have it back and i wonder what  will Fitbit do about it?

Best Answer

Hello @Lunalunera17, let me give you a warm welcome and my apologies as I been absent from this thread for a while. Please do not take this as an attempt to ignore your concern as all our users are very important for us.

I was reading your posts about the tracker you found. Usually these concerns are not handled in our Community boards, but you already were in contact with our support team.In this case, since we do not have a program in international locations, we recommend to send the tracker to a recycling program for disposal.

It's always good to see Fitbit users take care of each other and I appreciate the time you took to bring this concern to our attention. Rest assure we hear our users and we are going to take this as a feedback for future improvement.

See you later and for other questions stay tuned to our Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
How can I take this to a
Recycling centre when there hasn't even been an attempt From Fitbit ( a multi million pound company) so its owner who paid hundreds of pounds for it, will never see it again! This is terrible customer Suport! Why can't they just send me an address and I pay for the post so they can track thenowner?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey @Lunalunera17, thanks for putting so much interest on this! I know that you're trying to do the right thing on returning this Fitbit tracker but our good friend @RobertoME is right about the importance of our privacy policy. Now, I've got in touch with our Support Team and we might have a good resolution in this case though. Please wait for a follow up email from our team, they will explain to you the next step.

Thanks again for taking the time to make a Fitbit owner happy! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I know this post is old but I have a similar problem. I found a Fitbit Aria HR and can't find the owner. I have a knack for randomly finding things. I have found several iPods and although they were locked I was able to pull an email and get them back to the owner. I have purchased several Fitbits and I know that they are not cheap. I don't see why attaching an email address to a device to help the owner get it back would be a problem when I have been able to locate that information on found Apple and Android products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HalfRotZombie  If you have a local Craig's List I would post it there

Or start a thread here with the City name in the thread subject

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have posted on Craigslist as well as the Nextdoor app and our local town facebook page.

Best Answer

I do hope you find the owner. If you do please let us know. Its always good to see when someone helps to reunite the owner

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I lost my fitbit when I took it off in a public restroom to wash my wrist. I rely on it for everything and the battery must have died by now (missing 3 days).  I can't afford to replace it right now and I can't imagine that Fitbit would replace my device... So it is disheartening that with all this advanced technology that they don't allow people to reconnect with their lost fitbits. How hard can that be?

Best Answer
0 Votes