Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how water resistant is my fitbit surge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know you aren't suppesed to swim with the surge. I run spartan races and would be nice to track my heart rate during the race and not just the steps. I put my fitbit one inside a plastic baggy to water proof it for the race. I would rather use my surge so I can track heart rate too. There are a couple of obstacles where you completely submurge during a spartan race. Fitbit should make product that can get wet and muddy for people who run obstacle races.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Not very. I am on my 3rd device. The first one I splashed with a trickle of water to rinse off dirt - that killed it. The second one failed due to me perspiring on a hot day and then getting into an air conditioned car.

My third fitbit is now having trouble holding a charge for more than a day. No condensation inside it yet though!

Best Answer

@spartan808 @kurtbob Welcome to our Community!

@spartan808 Since the activity you describe requires that you actually submerge under water (even if it is for a short time) I don't believe it will be appropriate for your tracker and you will take the risk of damaging it. I do remember that a member went MacGyver with his tracker and used a sport wristband around it to decrease the amount of sweat and protect it. He basically made a hole in the wristband and got the tracker inside. While I don't encourage you to submerge your tracker in water you could try this (along with a plastic bag? or something similar to protect your tracker while doing extreme activities). I just wanted to contribute with the idea but it is up to you if you want to try it out.

@kurtbob Maybe wearing the sport/sweat wristband should help during summer when you sweat more while doing your activities? Still you know you can contact our Support team if you have any issues.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sweat pretty heavily have gotten it prett wet (just short of submerged) and i have never had a single problem. If you have to submerge, a friend has a garmen and it works pretty well for that kind of activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes