Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restarting fit but surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi my surge is stuck on the clock screen. It will let me toggle on to 5he 3 cerise screen and nothing else. I have tried to restart by holding the toggle button on the left but it does nothing. It has sync ok and the battery was charged.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ianred

The restart procedure for the Surge is a bit different, press and hold the left and bottom right button until the screen starts to fade. When the screen fades, release the buttons. Wait for a while and press the power on key.

Hope it helps

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @ianred

The restart procedure for the Surge is a bit different, press and hold the left and bottom right button until the screen starts to fade. When the screen fades, release the buttons. Wait for a while and press the power on key.

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Mystipue thanks tried and we are now working thank you. ..!
Best Answer
Sorry for the misspelling fat fingers...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Epic @ianred 

Happy Fitbitting 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! Glad to see you on boardSmiley Very Happy

Hope I can continue seeing you around, you can check the Discussions Board and meet new people or find a good new ways to stay motivated.  Robot Happy

Keep stepping!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok completely disalusioned now

have uninstalled and installed the ap have repeatedly tried to pait the device with the phone it either says failed or not responding to the phone.

I have restarted the device numerous times to no luck

I have tried to get the device registered via laptop, used two different laptops and still not registered.

I have also tried to pair the device with my wifes phone still getting the failed and not responding messages.

Please helpn
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ianred thanks for stopping by! That's definitely not usual behavior. I see you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps, thanks for doing so before hand. It sounds to me like the best course of action would be to report this issue to our Support Team. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior.

Good luck and keep us posted! Cat Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just got my Surge, but I cannot get it to restart. The screen doesn't respond to swipes either.

What can I best do?

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. My bottom right button isn't working. So I'm trying to restart. I've tired numerous times and I can't get it to restart. I'm reading all the forums, web threads and youtube. I'm not having any luck. It's the holiday, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get any help until Wednesday 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner; @kwakeley It would be best for you to contact Customer Service ASAP. If they cannot get your Surges to respond and it's within the warranty period they will send another one. Best of luck to you both!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Thanks for your input @VF31AE3!

A warm welcome to our new friend @SunsetRunner @kwakeley! In order to restart your Surge please do the following:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions. Fitbit kindly replaced my watch within the warranty period.

Arno

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner those are great news! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Smiley Wink 

Follow these steps to set up your replacement tracker. 

Also, I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Hope to see you around more often! 

Best Answer
0 Votes