Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surge battery replacement or is this $200.00 device disposable?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my Fitbit surge is 1.5 years old and now the battery is not charging. It lasts about 2 hours and comes up on my phone almost immediately saying its fully charged. I have left it charging over night and still only about two hours of charge on it. How do I get a replacement battery or in this disposable society is this $200. watch now garbage?

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

The replacement band I got over the internet (not from Fitbit) works really well. It saved me throwing away what was an expensive product shortly after it's warranty ran out....all because of a broken strap!

Incorrect! They offered me a discount on their top-of-the-range product (so I was still having to shell out $150!!!) just because of a broken strap that I couldn't get a strap for and that they wouldn't fix! So the cost of the repair was $10.....the cost of staying with Fitbit was $150!!!! No wonder so many people complain about such treatment. Best of luck with that strategy!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey mate, are you still doing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Sfarmer4
I have one of my Surges still hanging on. It has the crazed glass feature and won’t swipe anymore, but it still tells time and can track a run. The other one died a few months ago. But to your question, sorry to say, the last time I got on the JoesGE website, Surge was no longer listed as a Fitbit model they repaired (only Versa 2 & 3, and Sense). I’m going to assume spare parts are no longer available. Nothing lasts forever, but I think I got my money’s worth out of them. 

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes