Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to sync with my Samsung S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

for the last several days I have been unable to sync my surge to my Samsung S8+. I have reboot my Surge and my phone but it still won't sync. I have to sync using my Ipad.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @JRLSC18 thanks for stopping by! It's great to see your participation in the forums! Heart

I've heard some issues with Samsung S8 from other users, so we're taking the feedback! Is your phone and Fitbit App up to date? If so, please turn off the Bluetooth of your iPad and follow these steps with your Samsung.

Please let me know how it works! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi Yojana,

I tried what you suggested but it took me 6 tries to get it to sync.
I can’t believe that is the way it’s supposed to work.

reds,

Lou

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Actually 6 times is too much @JRLSC18! Is this still connecting or you need to keep troubleshooting it every time? Are you getting an specific error? Please any feedback would be great since we're investigating what might be affecting your tracker to connect with your device. 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ has been added to our official supported devices list recently so any irregularity needs to be investigated by our team. 

Please keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

It’s a problem with the Samsung S8+. I have all day sync off and when I go to sync it takes a number of times before it sync’s. If I try to sync on my Ipad it sync right away.

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming that information @JRLSC18! I'll pass this information to our team. I think that at this point you might see a good option keep syncing with your Ipad when having issues connecting.

Thank you for your patience. Cat Happy

Best Answer

I became so frustrated with the surge that I bought a ionic. However the same problem happens with the all day sync turned off the Samsung 8+ doesn't  sync when I  try. It takes 5 or 6 tries. Will have to send it back.

Best Answer

I appreciate you're coming back to give your feedback. I found some information about Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, please check the options that our friend @AlessFitbit suggested in that thread.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer